Close

Guess who has a virus :D Sorry I promised a particular person this would be uploaded Friday but that's when the virus symptoms really hit me. I run 2 miles everyday for charity but when I tried to do it I was only able to do about 1 mile before my ankle and leg muscles gave out (should have stopped when they started hurting after two steps). R.I.P my hands and ankle. Anyway to make up for my terrible updates here is this longish chapter! I know the writing style might not feel like mine and that's because I was sorta coughing the whole time while writing and just wanted it over with.

I suggest paying attention this chapter. Ill tell you why on the chapter of the reveal. Yup the reveal won't be this chapter lol. I'm so excited to see your guy's reaction when I do in a chapter or two but I thought about it and decided I want to take a different approach to the reveal to not have it seem random. (I'm basically trying to avoid y'all having a bad version of wiplash)

The moment was suddenly ruined by the sound of a bell. Robin immediately looked toward the sound speaker on the ceiling and let out a puff of air. Finney was still a bit out of it from only just coming out of his panic attack; it didn't help that he was being held and comforted in a way he hadn't been in a long time.

Robin didn't want to leave Finney and would much rather skip class with him but he knew Finney would get in trouble with his father. He never understood why Finney hated doing even the slightest thing that might upset the man. He assumes he just wants to be a good son, though he had noticed small things that raised suspicion.

This got Robin thinking. What if it wasn't the bullies that had Finn upset, but his own father. Maybe they got into an argument and Finney was upset about it. It would explain why he seemed fine yesterday. He figures he could just invite him over to his house to study instead of Finney's house like he had originally planned. He would still beat the bullies though...just in case.

"Hey Finn, why don't you come over to my house this time? I'll even buy you your favorite snacks at the sto-"

"No!" Finney was now fully aware, being abruptly snapped out of it at the mention of Robin going to the one place Finney was supposed to stop him from going. He couldn't help but blurt out his objection to his idea. Almost immediately realizing how rudely he said it Finney quickly back tracked.

"I um well I... I mean it would be better if I got the snacks! I could um I could just stop by on my way to your house. Then you don't even have to waste your time going back and forth!"

Finney struggling to form his thoughts into words gave away how anxiously and fast his mind was going, and Robin noticed.

"It's ok! That's perfect; it would actually work out better for me."

Robin made sure to sound like it benefited him. He knew Finney well enough to know if it sounded like he was lying Finney would feel like Robin is only doing this out of pity. Robin never felt pity for the boy. The concern he felt for him was real and true to his heart.

Before Finney could dwell on Robin's statement and deem it true or false Robin let go of his face and grabbed his hand.

"Now let's get back to class ok? The period already finished so we're having math together now. If we hurry we can make it before the late bell."

-

They had barley made it inside the classroom door when the bell rang. The teacher had let Robin and Finney sit next to each other since they first saw how much Finney helped Robin improve. Which to Robin in the current timeline was about 2 months. As Finney took his took his seat next to Robin he let himself start to relax. He kept telling himself it was going to be ok. He was the one who was going to go to the store not Robin.  Now all he had to do was get through the day and quickly get home to make the call to the police station telling them what he "found". Then once he made it to the store the police would have either gotten the Grabber or found the basment. If they only found the basemnet and the Grabber was already at the store then it was ok. Finney was planning on stopping at another store anyway. He wasn't stupid enough to actually go to the one the Grabber might be waiting at. Sure, it would take him a bit longer to get to Robin's house, but it was way better then seeing that van again.