Two words

Surprise chapter that I got too lost in the moment with and forgot I have was supposed to reveal something ._. Guess you'll have to wait ;) also I'm sorry if I disappear sometime in the next few hour for a little because i live in Florida and are currently being hit with a hurricane so I might lose power. I have school off for 5 days though so I'm going to be able to write a good amount as long as power stays. Anyway enjoy this chapter that wrote itself and made a scene much longer then it was supposed to be (came out well I'm my opinion though). Not proof read so please tell me if you notice any mistakes.

⚠️TW⚠️ Finney has a panic attack

Finney was very much in a panic. Well, an internal panic. During the whole Robin almost beating ass thing, Finney had recalled the original timeline where Robin had done this. That alone sent him into a panic attack. It sounds stupid, but the amount of time Finney spent wishing to be able to re live this moment is too fucking much. Now that he's here he has no idea what to do. He stands there trying listen to Robins voice, but for some reason he can't. All he hears is the clock ticking in his head. Taunting him, telling him, his time is running out.

As everyone knows, people react to trauma differently. After the kidnapping he had been sent to see a number of therapists, though he thinks is was more for the sake of trying to squeeze more evidence on the case then for his own health. In the end, Finney Blake was diagnosed with anxiety, insomnia, depression, and his favorite, PTSD. He has a mental clock that always ticks in his head. Whether it's completely accurate or not Finney could care less about. At first he was thankful when it stayed without him having to think about it much. It appeared when he was still in the basement and helped him keep track of some sort of time.

After he escape though he didn't see why he needed it. Sometimes it faded into the back of his mind where he couldn't hear the ticking, but if he was asked he could tell what time it was on.

Now he really wants it to disappear. He couldn't bare that clock decided to come and interrupted all his thoughts and completely consume his brain. Each tick only reminding him of how he was running out of time. He needed to get something else on his mind. He needed a distraction.

So when he saw Robin about to bandage his hand he immediately took the opportunity.

"Here, let me do it." Finney grabbed Robins hand and took the bandages in his hand. He started wrapping Robin's hand quickly but efficiently. It was all instinct really. The amount of times he's gotten cut from a broken glass bottle could be thanked for that. One tick, one wrap, one thought. One tick, one wrap one thought. One tick, one wrap, one thought.

Tick wrap Robin's here
Tick wrap He's ok
Tick wrap So you're ok
Tick wrap Don't let him leave
Tick wrap Don't let him go to the store
Tick wrap Call the police
Tick wrap You need to make sure the grabber is gone
Tick wrap What if he's in the school
Tick wrap What if he's ready to kidnap Robin

As the thoughts continued through Finney's head he didn't notice how he had wrapped Robins hand way to many times. He didn't notice how his breaths were short and rigged. He didn't notice Robin's face, previously angered, quickly turning to one of concern and confusion. Robin did of course.

"Hey, Finn, I think my hand has enough bandages now." Robin tried and failed to have the boy in front of him realize he needed to stop wrapping. The ticking in Finney's head kept going.

"Finn I won't have enough left for my next injury if you keep using it." Robin let's put a nervous chuckle at the end, the worry only riding higher, and skyrocketing when Finney doesn't stop. Robin is now trying to get a good look at Finney's face wondering what's happening, but is only met with Finney's hair. Finney's head was angled down at Robin's hand meaning the boy couldn't get a good look unless Finney lifted his head. Robin thought if he could only get Finn's face to look up just a little then he could at least get an idea of what's wrong. To Robin Finney was always easy to read. Even though now he doesn't know what caused it, if he sees Finney he can tell what's happening. He sees Finney's chest rise and fall in an abnormal pattern, and his fingers shaking ever so slightly as he wraps Robins hand.

Robin uses the softest voice he could muster in his worried state, "Finn...". Robin hooks his finger gently under Finney's jaw and slowly lifts his head up. Robin even bows his head down to try and meet Finney half way. When they're finally face to face Finney's eyes don't meet his. He gives no reaction to Robin moving him at all. His eyes stay glued to the hand that was now almost hidden, Robin's perfect tanned skin barley noticeable in the fabric that surrounded it.

"Hey, mi amor, can you look at me?" Now that got an almost instant reaction.

-

Finney was laying in his bed, eyes wide open with his arms and legs brought tight to his chest. Gwen was next to him. She hadn't been able to sleep without Finney being by her even if he's been back for a week already. Right. A whole week. The first half he spent enjoying being alive. But halfway through the week the shock finally left and he fully comprehended the whole ordeal. He guessed tonight his brain decided to comprehend Robin was gone. He was stuck going through all the memories of Robin and him. One particular memory came to his minds after a while. He was waiting for Robin to meet him in the school bathroom. That day Robin had his finals and Finney had made sure he was going to pass. He waited and hoped all those nights of studying paid off. He remembered how the door to the bathroom burst open making a loud bang when it hit the wall. Robin had ran in and pulled Finney into an embrace so quickly Finney was still processing the door had opened.

"I did it! Thank you so much mi amor!" He remembered how after Robin let go of him he had a sort of surprised and nervous face. Finney was used to Robin talking in Spanish even if he couldn't understand it. Just like he normally would, Finney asked what the words meant. But unlike normal Robin didn't give him an answer. He had only told Finney it was nothing and changed subjects. Finney didn't ask after that. He had heard Robin call him that more often as time went by but never asked. He didn't want to make Robin uncomfortable. Even now as he lay in his bed he didn't know what those words meant, and maybe he never will.

It was pitch black outside and Finney knew it was late, thanks to his lovely clock, but he knew Gwen was awake too. She had always been the more socially accepted. She definitely had more friends then Finney probably would ever have, and always knew what was going on with rumors and trends. Finney knew she had one friend who spoke Spanish. He remembered her telling him one morning on the way to school. Maybe Gwen's friend called her "mi amor" too. Gwen wasn't the type to leave things unanswered. Her persistence to find him only proved that. So if her friend called her something she didn't know she would've found out what it meant.

"Hey Gwen?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you know what "mi amor" means?" At this Finney felt Gwen prop herself up on the bed with her elbow and rested her head on her hand.

"Why? Did someone call you that?" Finney could practically hear the smile on her face. He was turned away with his back to her.

"Yeah...is it bad?" Finney never considered  that maybe "mi amor" meant something bad. He never thought Robin would call him something bad. He thought he and Robin were friends. Was it a lie? Was Robin playing with Finney? Was what Finney thought was a teasing smile on Gwen's face really one laughing at Finney for being so stupid.

"Well it depends. Who said it?" Gwen was unaware of Finney's thoughts and was having fun teasing him about it.

"Can't you just tell me" Finney didn't want to tell Gwen that his only friend had called him that. He didn't want Gwen to know he really didn't have any friends if it meant something bad. Gwen on the other hand was trying her best to not laugh and decided to give Finney some mercy.

"It means

My love

Posted 9/28/22 7:06pm