4

"no, baby don't cry. i hate it when you cry." 

i lay on his bed quietly, scrolling through my phone as he plays his video games.

i notice he posted an instagram photo of us from when we went to the beach last weekend. 

i smile and like it, knowing it's a good photo.

i click the comment button to say something and my smile drops. 

the comments are flooded about comments on my weight, looks and how we look so cute together.

he could do so much better than that
      ʳᵉᵖˡʸ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ
she needs to lose some weight
     ⇨ for real😭
she needs plastic sugery
     ʳᵉᵖˡʸ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ
what is he posing with??
     ⇨uhhhh his girlfriend?
that looks like a nice beach, where is it?
     ʳᵉᵖˡʸ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ
she has so much acne, its kinda gross
     ⇨ its natural babes.
i love the vibe!!

i tear up as i read the rest, seeing all the comments about me. only me.

i figured this is what i would get for dating a famous person, but i didn't expect them to be so cruel to someone they don't even know.

tears slowly start to fall as i shut off my phone, turning it faced down so i don't see any notifications flood in.

i turn to him and see he's already looking at me, worried.

"darling, what's wrong?" he tilts his head slightly, turning his full attention to me. 

"the comments on your post.." my voice cracks as i mumble the small sentence in between sniffles and sobs. 

"what about them? i haven't looked yet." he says as he grabs his phone, walking over to me.

"h/n, theyre commenting cruel things.." i sigh as i shove my face into the bed, letting it all out. 

he finally looks through the comments and reads a few before immediately turning off commenting, he shuts his phone off and pulls me up into his lap.

i lean my head on his shoulder and take deep breaths, trying to calm down.

"no, baby don't cry. i hate it when you cry. they're all just upset because i have the prettiest most amazing girlfriend in the world and they're jealous it's not them. look at me," he cups my cheeks and pulls my face in front of his. "you're so much better than any of them, i promise you that. please don't cry." he kisses my forehead and rocks me back and forth. 

i sigh softly and kiss his cheek, mumbling out a small thank you.

"i love you so much mi amour, i don't want anyone to make you think otherwise. you are the person i love the most and want to spend the rest of my life with, okay?" he whispers, hugging me tightly.

i nod against his shoulder, too tired to speak. but i know he already knows that.