I am lost without you

Stefan could hear the muffled voices of Damon and Elena downstairs from his room. He wondered if they forgot that he was a vampire and had supernatural hearing, but he could not be bothered to tell them. It had been a week since Caroline left and it was all his fault, if he had just told her how he felt instead of just staring at her then she would be here with him. Damon and Elena were downstairs talking about how worried they were about him and Caroline. Caroline had done a similar thing to Stefan and locked herself in her room back at her house. It broke his heart even more to hear that, but he knew that it would not do any good to go over there she made herself clear that she did not want to see him, and she would not believe him if he told her how he felt anyway. This was it this was the moment he realised that he had lost his family because Caroline was his family and the two babies, she carried were his family and he had lost it all because he could not tell the woman he loves how he feels. His thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door he got excited for a moment hoping that it was Caroline but then he heard his brothers voice through the door, and he suck further into the bed. He heard Damon saying that he was coming in, but he did not pay any attention when his door opened, he was not who he wanted to see he wanted the love of is life back. He faintly recognised Damon asking how he was, but he just tuned him out he did not want to talk to anyone unless it was Caroline. Damon left some blood so that Stefan would not starve and when his brother left the only reason that Stefan drank it was because he was still holding out hope that his love would walk through the door.

Caroline was not doing any better. She sat on her bed with a hand resting on her stomach wishing that she had Stefan here. She loves him so much, but she knew that the kind of happiness that she felt when she was with him could never be true. He is an amazing man and will be an amazing father and that was why he was trying to be with Caroline he wanted the perfect family for his children, and she wanted that too but she couldn't let herself fall into the picture perfect life that she had created because she would only get hurt and she couldn't survive being hurt again and especially not by Stefan so she was sat in her room. Elena had been calling her she picked up once, but she had just asked what was going on and that Stefan was sad about it, but she did not want to hear the lies, so she stopped answering. Damon quickly visited once as well, but she did not talk to him. He asked how she was, and she ignored him he kept trying to talk to her, but she did not respond and as a last resort he asked if the babies were ok and she just nodded, he left after that, and she was glad she dint want to see anything that reminded her of Stefan. It hurt too much. As the days turned to nights her thoughts always took her to Stefan, of his smile whenever the babies were brought up and the way she felt surrounded and protected every time he hugged her and the warmth that his lips left when he kissed her forehead. She wanted that back; she wanted the ignorance of thinking he loved her as more than the mother of his children but that could never happen because she realised the truth now. Her thoughts were luckily interrupted before she spiralled when her front door opened. She expected it to be Damon or Elena again, but she heard bonnie yelling for her and Stefan saying she found something. No one had seen bonnie since the wedding when people had asked her what she was doing she said that she was trying to figure something out and that was all that people could get from her. she made her way up to Caroline's bedroom and burst in but stopped upon seeing Caroline sat alone with tear stains on her checks and red, puffy eyes. "Oh my god Caroline are you ok, where is Stefan, if he hurt you, I swear to god I will explode his brains." She fumbled out after seeing one of her best friends in emotional pain. "What no Stefan did not do anything. Or at least not deliberately I just realised that what he felt for me is not real he is just projecting his ideas of a perfect family that he wants for our babies it is not real for him and its real for me and I cannot live my life like that." Bonnie looked shocked at Caroline and asked her "why do you think that Caroline?" "Because he freaked out after the wedding thinking that he had lost the twins, so he proposed to me, and I realized that I loved him too much to let him throw his life away on something that for him isn't true." Bonnies face saddened as she replied, "I'm sorry Caroline but your wrong you are so wrong" Caroline looked shocked and slightly annoyed as she said, "and why do you say that?"

"Because I found out how you are pregnant. Its because you are Stefan's one true love"