i. Titles

i. Writing Help
Book Titles

𓇻 Notes,Below are some of the tips and tricks I use to come up with the perfect title for my book, as well as some suggestions for your own

𓇻 Notes,
Below are some of the tips and tricks I use to come up with the perfect title for my book, as well as some suggestions for your own.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

What is your book about? You want to find a title that encompasses the genre and plot of your book, something that reflects it well without being too obvious, long or giving away too much. It needs to grab the reader's attention and for that, it needs to be catchy and aesthetically pleasing. It wouldn't make sense to have a title for a horror book for a book that doesn't have any horror elements, so make sure the title is appropriate. You can do this by writing a list of things that your book is about, short one word answers that you want your title to reflect so you know what you're looking for.
Song and album titles. This is the most commonly used method to come up with a title. Your plot doesn't have to be inspired by the song itself, you are allowed to choose it if the name fits the genre and style of your book. Something that worked for me was creating a playlist on Spotify filled with songs that could be used as titles, or similarly, you could write them down on your notes or wherever's convenient. The idea behind doing that is to be able to create a bank of titles that you can look through and use or just have as inspiration, either way it's good to save them somewhere so that you don't forget them for the next time you would need to use them. Some clichés that come with this however, are overused titles from popular songs, typically Taylor Swift. There's nothing wrong with that and if it fits what you're looking for then go for it, but remember that it's okay to change it up a bit too.
Movie titles. You could also alternatively use the title of a movie or show that fits your story, or even base your plot off one of them as an alternate universe perhaps.

Summer examples. Surf Curse. Augusta. June Bug. Sunroof. Super rich kids. Fool's gold. Nectar of the gods. Swimming lessons. White teeth teens. Sun bleached flies. Cigarette daydreams. Golden age. Paper crown. Wasted year. 500 days of summer. Strangest sea. tANGERine. Sundial. Passionfruit. Solar power. Black honey. Sundress. Dayglow.
Horror/mystery examples. Sadder, badder, cooler. Master of puppets. Hangman hands. Little dark age. Punisher. Gutter girl. Bloodhound. Graveyard shift. Kill Bill. Bonnie & Clyde. Growing/Dying. Gone girl. Hellburn. Doomsday. Little fires. Fractured. Rabbit heart. Roadkill. Wired jaws. Skins. Shotgun season. Fleabag. Devil town. Bloodline.
Others. Spiderwebs. Boyshit. Rocket science. Lemon drop. Radio Silence. Avo toast. Honey girl. God complex. Clueless. Paper planes. Lego blocks. Buzzkill baby. 10 things I hate about you. No Romeo. Voice notes. Mother rot. Cupid's day off. Heartstopper. Tongue tied. Kissing lessons. Lovefool. P.S. I love you. Rollercoaster. Heartlines.

 Heartlines