Prologue

"Lila " 

"No! Don't ever call me Lila! Only Bucky called me Lila and he's gonna come home. He's coming home here even if it kills me again!"

"Adeline, stop! Sit down and let's talk about this"

"Stop telling me what to do, Steve! He's my man, he's my life! and I'm going to get my boy back whether you like it or not"

"He's my friend too Adeline!"  They looked at each other and both quieted down. The pain from the moment brought them to peace again. He wasn't crying but he was hurting. His best friend who he saw fall down the train and Adeline sees the soldier be brainwashed while she pleads to spare him. 

"I tried everything to get rid of him out of that fucking chair. Out of that fucking tube that freezes him but I still failed..." 

"Adeline, it's not your fault"

"I could've sacrificed everything, my life, just to take a chance... a chance that could've saved him from Hydra but I ran..."  She choked on her own words as Steve embraces her. He knew the life she had with him before the war. The life they had when they were known as Lila and Bucky, not the soldiers. 

"You had no choice, Line. Now, you're prepared. You can finally take that chance and I'll be here with you till the end of the line" Adeline looked up and remembered how that promise meant to Bucky and Steve. She never wanted to be in the middle of that but at that moment, she wrapped her arms around Steve and thanked him.

"I'll always be here for you, Line. I know Buck would give his life to you. It has been more than a year, who's gonna stop you now?"

.........

Brainwashed and enslaved by Hydra, Bucky Barnes continues to heal and search for himself through everything he has been through since he was taken at 28 but it was not just him. There was also a woman. Adeline Thomas, taken at 26. Never a soldier, just a girl wanting to help her family. Not once did she ever put herself in the middle of America's hero and America's best friend. She knew how much it meant to them but the pair loved her and soon became an Avenger herself fighting alongside Steve. It has been more than a hundred years, yet they are still fighting to find his Lila and her Bucky.

Will the Winter Soldier ever find his way back to the Lost Soldier?