Chapter 2

"Don't be so tense, Line. You're gonna be fine" He laughed "Easy for you to say, idiot, I'm afraid of heights" I tried not to look down and keep a maintained breathing process. Heights always scared the life out of me and it was even more difficult when Julia kept telling me to face my fears.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know, do you want to come down?" Bucky had a worried look on his face and I know I wouldn't last that long if I stayed up here longer. I nodded and he yelled for the person controlling the ride to bring us down. The ride stopped and let us two get off. Julia and Steve were able to see it happening and yelled "what happened?" she asked
"Heights!"
"Sorry! Bucky!? be a good one and take care of Line, please" She kept yelling which was getting more embarrassing as it goes on. "but he's your date!" I answered

"no! he's not! spend some time together, kids. Steve will keep me company" We both nodded and let them be together. We walked around as the colorful lights leads us to the most beautiful parts of the carnival.

"Do you come here often?" Bucky asked. "Only when Julia is in town. I mostly spend my time in the orphanage helping out or working" 

"Where do you study?" We passed around the games and I looked at the prizes that hangs in each booth. I wonder when I could get myself one.

"I don't go to school but the people at the orphanage taught me all that I need"

"Really?" he raised an eyebrow and I did so as well, copying him. "I may not be in school, Barnes but I'm not dumb" 

"I know, doll. I've heard. So where do you work?"

"I work at the cafe. I serve lots and lots of tea and coffee" I smiled and saw him smile back. He had a charming smile and that look in his eyes that can be very tempting to look at. I try my best not to look at him that much because he was indeed charming. No wonder all the girls we've passed by say hi to him.

"You okay, Line?" 

"Oh yeah, sorry Buck" He chuckled "It's fine, doll"

"So, where do you work?" I asked but I soon realized he was still in school. "Oh shoot, you're in school, right?" I smiled

"Yes, Line. Steve and I are in art school" Wow, art school. That sounds so fancy, that's why he's dressed so nicely. Bucky seemed to be the type of guy who's rich and has a really nice home. It made me feel bad about how I first thought about him. 

"That's great. I'm glad you two are in school" 

"Yeah, that jerk though had to work extra hard" Steve? he seemed the type to be already hardworking

"Steve?" "Yeah, it's sad. His mom just died last year"

"That's awful. she seems nice based on his stories" We stopped in our tracks when a parade come walking down the road towards us. Bucky was quick to pull me out of the way and accidentally bumped into his chest. I looked up at him and immediately said sorry. 

"Doll, it's okay. You were about to get run over by the parade guys" He laughed which made me smile too until I realized something

"What did you call me?" 

"Line?" He sounds unsure. I kept staring into his eyes until he finally blurted it out. 

"doll" "why do you keep calling me doll?" 

"It just suits you. You're very beautiful, Line" He looked at me and smiled. I felt the unturning feeling in my stomach but it also felt good. I smiled and kissed his cheek

"You're sweet, Barnes. Thank you" He took my hand and placed a kiss on top of it. He held my waist and started walking again along the carnival. We ended up riding a couple of rides and trying the games since he kept insisting he was a winner. I learned a lot from him as well. He was clearly an overachiever and an athlete. His favorite color was red and black which I think suits him very well. His hand never left my waist for something unimportant. He kept it there and I was too flushed to say anything. It all felt good to be held. 

"C'mon doll, cheer me on!" He raved as he gets ready. Some girls were looking our way and praising him. "Go, James!" A girl yelled. I looked at her and saw her staring at Bucky. He smirked and looked at her as well. She continued to cheer him on and for a while, I felt uneasy being here. I slowly walked away from the booth and tried to find Julia. 

Yeah sure, like Bucky's a good guy. He was rich or someone who clearly had money. He was bright in school, a girl like that in an expensive skirt and top is probably his type. I shook my head and tried to get rid of him out of my mind. I feel so stupid for acting so nicely. I thought he was good but maybe I was wrong. 

I went back to the Ferris wheel hoping to see them but they weren't there anymore. I continued to search the lot but after 30 minutes, I still had no luck. Until I heard someone yell at the back. I turned around and saw Bucky holding a toy.

He came to me and had a worried face displayed "where the hell were you? I've been looking for you everywhere" he said calmly. He took my hand and waited for an answer

I thought of telling him the truth but how would it go if I told him that his attention with other girls turned me off? I shook my head and simply  apologized. He smiled and took a deep breath.

"just don't do it again. made me really worried, doll" yeah doll...

"I brought you something!" He placed the bear infront of my face and had a big smile beside it like he was proud to show me. "that's cute"

"it's for you! I spent 3 dollars for it." Bucky!" I smacked him in the shoulder with the bear in my hand. 3 dollars?!

" Bucky! why would you spend 3 dollars? "

"because you really like it. You kept looking at it and I was determined to win it for you even though you left me" he pouted and I can't help but smile at him. He smirked as well and nodded. I looked at the bear and felt its soft material.

"do you like it?" he asked. I nodded "I love it, thanks Buck"