Chapter 4

third person

Bucky opened the door for his special lady at a diner nearby where Steve and he used to buy some burgers. Adeline looked around the place and it was filled with colorful lights that made her feel a little bit better. Bucky still kept an arm around her to make sure she was okay. He held on extra tight whenever there would be guys around the block. He felt protective of her in a way he has never felt for anyone. Adeline looked at Bucky to see him staring at her. She nudged for him to move and he quickly went back to reality. 

"Why are you staring at me?" all he wanted to say was that she looked so beautiful in that yellow dress and that if she would let him, he would kiss her right here, right now.  "Nothing doll. You just look...beautiful, that's it" 

"Thank you, James" 

The waiter soon approached their table and Adeline kept a serious look on the menu to check how it would cost her to dine out.

"I'll be having a burger with a side of fries" Bucky ordered, Adeline looked at him with a sign of help. She didn't know what was good or not. He chuckled to himself and helped her with the menu. He sure knows what to order since he had special requests from other choices. Adeline ended up ordering a burger and some nuggets but Bucky knew she had to get her a strawberry milkshake. He wanted to see her reaction to his favorite drink at the diner. Adeline roamed her eyes around the place as it was decorated with lots of colors. Bucky just stared at her and held her hand as time passes by.

"How did you meet Julia?" Line asked. She was curious about how they met since Julia is only here for a couple of weeks.

"She's friends with a girl I had a date with"

"Oh" Oh indeed. Adeline smiled lightly and continued to ask with a slight feeling of uneasiness. How many girls did this guy have dated?

"Don't worry, Adeline. She was rude and a handful as a date for one night. To end the date we went to a bar to meet with her friends and Julia was there. She said if I could come with her with a friend at the carnival aaaaand here we are" She was relieved to hear how it went with his date. She couldn't fathom what her intentions were with Bucky but she knew it was serious from what she was feeling.

"Do you regret it?" Adeline asked.

"Regret what?"

"Being here with me?"

"Never. I'm lucky to have a nice date with a beautiful girl" He kissed her hands and saw her smiling with sparks in her eyes. Sparks huh? He was confused but it's true! Her eyes sparkle and her cheeks grow into a bright red trying to contain her feelings. He studied every feature he could retain on Adeline. There was just something about her that made him whipped in a snap. Was it her hair? her eyes? her personality? the way her eyes widen when she's blushing? her fingers fidgetting when she can't seem to figure something out? what can it be?

"Everything all right, Bucky?" Bucky fixed his posture and realized he was bluffing. He showed her a smile and proceeds to nod his head.

"Of course, doll. Just thought of something" She eventually let it go and the food started to come in.

"A milkshake? I don't think we ordere-"

"I ordered it for you. I want you to try it" She slowly took the straw and sipped the pink drink. He watches her closely as she takes it in and as he was expecting, she loved it. Bucky watched her devour the drink and leave marks of whipped cream on the side of her mouth.

"Messy girl" He wiped the cream off her face and Adeline couldn't help but blush.

"Can we share? I want to share it with you" She pushed the drink into the center and took a straw to put in it. They both stare into each other's eyes and took a sip.

"This burger is awesome! Thank you for bringing me here, this is the best first date ever" Adeline laughed and kept biting on her burger. Bucky couldn't say the same tho but he does agree. It is the best date ever. After all the girls he went out with, Adeline just has a red dot marked on his chest.

"How about we go for a walk after this, beautiful?"

"I would love that, Bucky"

After their conversation, they were surprised to see the time so late. The two kept talking and talking and can't seem to stop. They never knew how much they have in common and what differences make them help one another. As an orphan, Adeline was taught how to defend herself against men since sex offenders took the headlines for weeks. The orphanage took an extra measures to teach the children self-defense and emergency practices in order to keep them safe since they can only trust themselves.

Bucky was tough himself. He often helped Steve fight his bullies when they were trying to take advantage of his small height and built.

Adeline held on to his hand tight, not wanting to let go. The warmth of his skin and delicate touch made her crave his touch. He couldn't stop complimenting Adeline throughout the date.
The two of them walked around the city admiring the stores they pass by. Soon enough they came around a park and by now they were both a laughing machine.

"Poor Steve!" Adeline laughed as Bucky tells her the story of when he convinced Steve to ride the cyclone.

"I was laughing the whole time and the poor guy was puking, I couldn't bring myself to help him. It was really funny"

"I hope he thinks of something to get back at you" She teased.

"Oh don't be like that, what will I do if I get sick? What if this girl I like ever thinks about spending summer with me?" Bucky looked at Adeline and held her hands. Her heart started pounding like crazy as Bucky keeps a direct stare at her.

"Just summer?" She smirked.

"Would you agree if it's for the rest of my life? There is something about you that I can quite fathom yet but I surely love the feeling. The feeling of home. Like I'm safe when I'm with you but no, doll. I will be the one who's going to make you safe"

...

"Make you safe... Make me safe" "Adeline let's go"

"Home, feels like home" "Line?"

"Bucky...Bucky?" "Adeline!"

More than a hundred /    Bucky Barnesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें