Chapter 3

Bucky, days later

It's been a few days and I haven't heard anything from Adeline. Ever since the night of the carnival, she became distant and hard to talk to but she still held the bear. I looked at her and can't help but be mesmerized by how beautiful she is. I love the dress she had on and that smile she put on when I gave her the bear.

"What's up, Buck?" Steve came into the house and sat down beside me. Most days it's just the two of us talking. It's always lovely to be around Steve. He never made anything difficult unless he wants something.

"Not much, punk. By the way, have you heard from Line?" He smirked but slowly shook his head no. I sighed and got back to what I was doing.

"She's pretty," Steve said. I immediately looked up and saw him imagining. "Are you thinking about her?"

"No" he laughed and continued to smile at me "what's with all the smiling," I asked. He shook his head no again and I just left it like that. I didn't want to open up more.

"Do you want to go to that library in town?" He asked and since we had nothing to do today I said sure. We walked through town and finally reached the library. We stroll through the numerous bookshelves and eventually came through some new books that have arrived. I looked back when I heard the bell when the door is opening. I looked at it and saw Adeline. She was wearing a classy outfit and a headband on her hair. When she was about to look my way, I immediately hid behind the shelves and hoped she didn't see me. I felt nervous and all of a sudden anxious to see her.

"Hi, Stevie!" I opened my eyes and heard her greet Steve. Stevie? now she has a nickname for him?

"Hey Line, how are you?" They talked for a while and I kept a close distance so I can hear them. They talked about getting together and hanging out.

"Bucky's here but I don't know where he is around here" he laughed pointing out through the hall of bookshelves, she laughed

"Can I ask you something, Stevie?"

"Sure Line" "does Bucky give nicknames to some girls?" What?

"Some yes, like Dolores he kept calling her Dot and Maria, Ria. Just those kinds of nicknames" Steve! why would you say that?

"how about... doll?" I looked at her between the books and saw her face. She was curious and filled with hope. I looked at Steve and seem to figure out an answer.

"No, it's the first time I've ever heard of it. He calls you doll, right?" STEVE!

"you know?"

"yeah, that punk kept referring to you as 'my doll' or 'doll' whenever he talks about you" I punched the air and tried to make myself calm down with all of this information going in Adeline's mind. I swear, I'm going to kick his ass when we get home.

"That's sweet. I love Bucky. I think I have feelings for me already" My eyes widened and I immediately popped my head beside the shelves

"YOU DO?!" Steve and I both yelled. She started laughing at us and I slowly walked beside Steve. She kept on giggling and was finally able to calm herself.

"I saw the bookshelf moved and knew it was you behind it" Oh. She laughed again and I leaned beside Steve's ear and whispered "I'm kicking your ass later when we get home, punk"

Steve looked at me and smirked "It was worth it" He left us alone and walked through the place. Adeline calmed down and smiled at me.

"I thought you were a player, James"

"No ma'am. I just love women, I think women deserve the world" I smiled at her as well.

"Hm, and why do you think that?"