two

Harry truly couldn't stop thinking about her.

It certainly didn't help that her store was right across the street. Or the gifted necklace that had remained around his neck. Or the pretty stone that reminded him of that Dragon Tales show sitting pretty on display. He had spent an embarrassingly long time moving it back and forth and watching the colors shift, and his employees were on strict notice not to touch or move it unless necessary. They'd come in for training shortly after Eden had left and he had been buzzing ever since.

What was even better was their texts. Back and forth, they sent cute, slightly flirting texts. At least on his part. He was yet to figure out if she was just very nice and funny, or actively trying to flirt. He definitely was. She seemed to enjoy his jokes and always replied with words. Never just 'hearted' the message- a pet peeve of his.

He had snooped around and found her socials too. It wasn't hard to find after he first followed her shop's Instagram, but he had found himself scrolling it a few times a day. There was something about her... the energy, the way she spoke, that drew Harry in. Comforted him, made him want to stretch out on her lap and nuzzle into thighs like a sleepy kitten in the sun. It wasn't a feeling he was familiar with before.

The nickname Sugar had stuck. That was something he was sure would continue, especially after seeing her bashfully smile at the user of it when she came to the grand opening. Her hug had been tight and her body soft and warm against his, smelling jasmine and the smoke of whatever incense she was burning that day in the shop. It had been difficult to tear his eyes away as he served her.  Any prior stress that had been festering with the business had melted down the moment she had walked in and given him the much needed hug.

Eden was sweet in every aspect, ordering a dozen cookies and some little things to try and bring back to the other employee working in the shop with her that day . Compliments easily fell from her mouth, seeming so genuinely excited for his successful launch. There was a line out the door and each table was full, and she had told him how she hadn't expected any different.

When she had to go, it dampened his mood a little bit- only to get a text 20 minutes later singing her praises about the cookies and the lemon square. It bounced him right back, a new pep in his step as he finished out the day.

He ended up selling everything from the cases. Every cookie, scone, loaf of bread. Every crumb was gone and surface licked clean, and Harry was already hard at work in the kitchen before they even closed to prepare for the next day.

It had been a busy week, but Eden had helped him massively. Just her presence in general has his stomach turning in the most exciting way. Most days she showed up to buy a lemon square or a tea, chatting with him for a few minutes before going back to her own shop. It had been very busy for him in his own bakery but he found himself aching for just a bit of alone time with her. There was only so much he could learn through texts, though he was grateful for it. Every time his phone buzzed, his heart would very quickly pick up.

Sugar: hi hi ☀️ do you happen to have a lemon square saved for me today?

Sugar: if not, no worries. I'll be by in a bit to grab  something sweet. My mother definitely doesn't approve of my daily visits but your stuff is too good.

Sugar: and the company... it's quite nice. :)

H: well, I'm very flattered by that. 😊 i do happen to have a lemon square saved for you, and that pomegranate tee. Saved it in the back for you.

H: and why doesn't she approve? :( you've got to get her here so she can try something. On the house.

Sugar: mm. I will- shes just... you know. She concerns herself more with my weight than I do.