nine

AN: hi lovebugs, pleasssse vote and comment and let me know what you think about them!
Warnings: witchcraft, ritual mention, Harry being stupidly cute
——

Wrong.

Delilah's glare was something to be fearful of and Harry knew that now. The blueberry muffins had barely made it budge. Thankfully, when he popped the iced caramel coffee on the counter and promised to pay for a 'deep clean of the couch if you two are going to be canoodling on it', she returned to normal.

Harry had visited the store a few more times and became a bit more acquainted with her as he waited for Eden to give her readings. She was a genuinely cool woman, and Harry even learned a thing or two. She had insisted on seeing his palms, making him a bit nervous when she hummed, a long nail running over one of the indents in his hand. "You had a very serious ex before. Or... hm." She mumbled. "Not a good ending. There's lies in there. You should tell her about it." Was all she said before dropping his palm and going to help a customer about to knock over a bowl of quartz.

He hadn't, yet. Eden was still getting to know him but they hadn't exactly fully opened up about the extreme details of their relationships. Taking it slow... or something along those lines. Harry had told her he had been in 2 other serious relationships before but one hadn't been what you'd typically expect. It's why he was unsure when to bring it up. For now, he was happy finding out tidbits about her as they walked around the thrift store. Focused on her. The current. He had spent too much time in the past, and now he finally had a future that looked like something he wanted.

"This is perfect." She mulled over the dresser. "For your room. It matches the headboard we found earlier." Manicured fingers brushed over the stained wood, feeling the ridges. Furniture had energy, and she quite liked the one this was giving off. Warm. Home-y. It would fit the vibes that Harry and her had decided on.

"Whatever y'think, Sugar." He was a bit distracted looking at her. Observing how she speculated over pieces, running her fingers over each and every one. Some would make her wrinkle her nose and shake her head, a few made her pull her hand away like she had been zapped. This one was to her liking, though. Her face looked it's usual calm, soft content. Her nose unwrinkled and brow unfurrowed, tapping her nails against it as she placed a 'hold' tag on it that she had asked the front for. She'd called it, saying she knew she would find some gems in here.

"It's your room, H." Her laugh was soft. "You've got to give me some feedback sometimes. As much as I do like this 'yes, honey' attitude, it's your space. Want you to like it just as much as me." She removed her hand from the dresser, adjusting the tote bag strap on her shoulder. It kept falling off because of her knit cardigan. "Ugh." The wrinkled brow returned on her face.

Wordlessly, he tucked his fingers under the strap and took the bag from her, placing it on his own shoulder. She had been irritated with it falling off all day and he didn't mind holding on to it, the beaded stars and solar system needing a break from the pull and slide. "I know. But we made our pin board. You know what I like. And it is important that you like things too. You've got a good sense of style, for one, and also... I want you there a lot at some point." Harry wanted her there or to be at her place a lot. She was already his best friend- mix that with his girlfriend.

He did worry a bit about being clingy. It wasn't something he worried too much about in the past, however it wasn't a feeling that he had experienced. Wanting to be around her. Wanting to touch. To bury his face in her neck and be the obnoxious couple in the theme park line. That had always made him cringe- but now he got it. He had a hard time not wanting to touch her, to follow her like a shadow. Eden was magnetic.

Her face softened as she turned to him, placing her hands on his forearms. Squeezing them lightly, she gave a tender smile as it was obvious his words had affected her. "I will want to be there because you are. As long as you like the place, I'm happy. I just need a bit more input, okay? I can feel you staring into the side of my face, and as flattering as it is, it's also going to melt it off." And it unnerved her. Harry was so... attentive. He paid so much attention to her, with a slight intensity that made her feel a bit squirmy. He was also someone who seemed to be trying to match some of her energy which had made her feel a bit off kilter.