Ten

His new couch was stupidly comfortable.

Eden was laid across it, her head in Harry's lap as they appropriately watched a home makeover show. After the deliveries and some organizing they'd called it a day and got their dinner delivered, leading to wine and laying on the new couch to 'break it in', as Harry put it. Neither were drunk, just enough wine to make the warm feeling cover them like a blanket. His fingers stroked her hair as they sat in a comfortable silence.

"If you keep doing that I'm going to fall right to sleep." She warned him, eyes closed as she relished in his comfort. His thighs were perfectly toned, and he had changed into some soft blue sweatpants so that only added to her comfort. Her cheek rubbed against the fabric as she adjusted slightly, taking a deep breath while she felt his chuckle under her. The digits twirled a strand around, the motions making her melt further into him.

His place was more comfortable now. Even with boxes waiting to be unpacked and a pile of trash in the corner, Eden had lit a vanilla tobacco scented candle and set up his coffee table to at least seem a bit more presentable, the flickering of the flame capturing her attention. Eden loved candles and fire, incorporating a lot of that into her spell work. She was drawn to warm colors and feelings. It made sense she was drawn to Harry.

"That's alright." He murmured. "You can if you'd like." There was a tiny bit of worry in his stomach for suggesting it so early on but he really would love for her to sleep here. They were waiting on his new bed frame to be delivered but it was doable for now.

With every new relationship, Harry knew that perhaps it was a difficult thing to find the timing of each milestone. When was too soon or too late to do things. Sleepovers, sex, meeting family, moving in. What was the timeline? Had anyone ever written a book about it? It would make sense if they didn't, though, because relationships weren't linear. That's a mistake a lot of people seemed to make from his own nosy observations.

"I really would love to, but I've got no clothes." She pouted, turning in his lap to look up at him. "Got to open the shop tomorrow too. Otherwise I would." Eden was beginning to become a bit greedy with his attention. Never had anyone so willingly and easily given her the attention she had always craved but thought to be selfish to ask for. He handed it over on a silver platter and offered her seconds. If she was comfortable enough sleeping naked with him, perhaps she would... but it was taking her a bit.

"Did you want to borrow some of mine?"

Harry had said it with such innocence, such a genuine tone that Eden felt awful for giggling. Her hand raising to her mouth as she laughed quietly, stopping herself from actually laughing out loud as she shook her head. "Harry- my darling, you're so kind. So sweet." She sat upright, turning to him and pulling him in for a tiny kiss of appreciation. "Your clothes would fit my right thigh. It's not a bad thing at all. I'm just not the size for that."

With anyone else it would be embarrassing to admit that. It still kind of was underneath the surface level amusement, but she wasn't ashamed like she used to be. Harry was muscular, sure, and she didn't feel giant next to him, but he was small in terms of clothes. His shirt would work in a pinch, maybe, but she wasn't going to be able to wear his stuff as sleep clothes. At least not now.

"Oh." His cheeks flushed slightly, unsure how to respond. She didn't seem upset and he genuinely hadn't thought of that, but he still felt bad. "M'sorry." He apologized quietly, letting her take the lead. "I mean, I'm sure some of it would work but I want you to be comfortable. Maybe..." he pinched his bottom lip in thought. "Maybe you could bring some stuff over in case we get to this point again? When it's late and we hang out and you decide you don't want to go home?"

He was essentially offering her a drawer. If Harry was full of one thing, it would be surprises. Eden looked at him in slight shock, realizing he was deadly serious about the offer. He wanted her to keep clothes here just in case. A step she hadn't been expecting in the slightest, but one that managed to make her giddy internally. Eden had a bad habit of letting herself think that maybe she was the one feeling more in every single one of her friendships and relationships. A lot of the time , unfortunately, it had been proven to be true. This time, with Harry taking the leap, it seemed like maybe that wasn't the case.