||everything has changed||

Last words of a shooting star
Mitski

All of this turbulence wasn't forecasted
Apologies from the intercom
And I am relieved that I'd left my room tidy
They'll think of me kindly

||Rue pov||

Another day and another lot of annoying shits to deal with.

"I'll be with you in a second!" I yell out through gritted teeth only for the bell to ring another hundred times over.

"I'm going to lose it one day" I mutter to myself before reluctantly pulling myself out the back room.

"Yes what can I do for you" i huff out my gaze shifting between 3 people.

Hold on.

I know who these guys are.

"Well if it isn't Nancy wheeler, robin Buckley and George Matthews" I chuckle earning a short panicked smile from all three.

"Long time no see?" George blurts out but their words sound almost like a Question.

"Mmh" I hum out softly, "so what do you need in such a hurry" I lean on the counter meeting Nancys eyes through my curly hair.

"We need the basement archives" wheeler says in a rush, doing all the talking for the other two.

"Right, back on the Scooby doo mystery stuff again?" I chuckle but it slowly fades after seeing their looks at one another.

Oh no, please not again.

"Shit" I mumble under my breath, pacing off to get the key.

I rush back out the key clenched between my scared hands, I didn't expect my day to go like this.

"So what's going on?"

"Well we think the upside down is back or some crazy grandpa killer has escaped from the asylum" Nancy gives a short frustrated glare at robin, before pushing pass me and snatching the key.

"She's in a shitty mood"

"No shit Captain obvious"

"Can you two stop bickering please" I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"On a serious note is the upside down back?" I query fidgeting with my hands.

"We aren't sure.. yet" George awkwardly smiles and turns away instantly.

That's weird..

Their answer not so much but their sudden emotion and body language change is definitely weird, it doesn't match up with their tone or movements but it's most likely nothing.

"Right" I feel numb, I never thought I'd have to deal with these things ever again but yet Joyce closing the gate AGAIN wasn't enough.

So what will be enough to keep these monster out of our cursed little town?

"Hey you alright?" A normally loud voice asks from beside me.

"Uh- maybe" I shrug, earning a small laugh from the smaller person beside me.

"I just want all of this to disappear! None of us can keep doing this for much longer" I rant, reaching the basement with George beside me.

It's nice to talk to them again after so long. I forgot how nice they actually were, I mean it's kinda hard to focus on other people when fighting for your life multiple times a week.

"Yeah, I really hope it turns into nothing in the end" they sigh.

"I'm with you on that one" I laugh slightly, though in a sense it doesn't feel genuine.

"You know after everything hopefully blows over, we should... hang out sometime"

"Yeah.. I'd like that."

————

When they come for my things

They'll never know how I'd stared at the dark in that room
With no thoughts
Like a blood-sniffing shark

————

A/n whooooo first actually chapter!