Chapter 6

ACID

"I hate you! You're ruining my life. They wouldn't let me buy meth because of you, you little shit."

Just what you want to hear the first thing when you wake up in the morning.

Mom sent me a voicemail late last night after I had gone to bed. I sigh and turn off my phone for a while and lie back down in bed with my arms over my face. I just want to lie here all fucking day and don't care about anything.

Not. One. Fucking. Thing.

My shoulder starts hurting like a bitch again and I have to take my arm down and lay it on the bed for a while, but it doesn't stop hurting, so I sit up and take an Advil that I have on my bedside table.

I sigh and put my face in my hands. Can't I get a fucking break?

It's Friday, so I decide to head to the bar with the others later. Well, except from the old timers that decided to stay in the clubhouse. I need a few beers. I never drink myself senseless since I don't want to end up like mom, but I need that buzz sometimes...especially today.

I'm sitting with Colt, Bane and Pyro at the table next to our usual one in the corner where the others are sitting. I don't want to see Beast and Katie, or Nuke and Molly kissing each other every other minute, looking so lovingly at each other.

I'm starting to get drunk. Colt has a Sweet butt on his lap, and another one of them comes over to me and sits down on my lap. I've fucked her before. Maybe this is what I need.

I grab the back of her neck and pull her in for a rough kiss. She moans a little and puts her hands on my chest, but a pain shoots up to my shoulder, so I break the kiss and grimace.

"What's wrong?" she asks worriedly.

"Nothing. Fuck off!" I say and push her off my lap.

I hear a table screeching on the floor behind me, and Beast stands up with his arms crossed over his chest. "Do I need to remind you how we treat women around here?" he says sternly.

"No, Prez," I say and stand up on slightly wobbly legs while holding my shoulder, trying not to show how much pain I'm in.

"Take a cab home and rest."

"I'm fine."

"That wasn't a question. That's an order."

Fuck!

I won't ride my bike home. Even if I wasn't drunk, I don't think I could ride it with my bitch of a shoulder right now anyway. I'll just pick it up tomorrow. But I won't take a cab either, I'll just walk. I need to clear my head anyway, and maybe I'll be sober when I get back home.

When I finally turn in on our street, I feel like crap. Maybe mixing Advil with alcohol wasn't the best idea. I'm drowsy as hell, and just as I'm passing the first house, my sight gets blurry and my body stops responding. I fall, face down⸺luckily, on a lawn⸺then groan and pass out.

 I fall, face down⸺luckily, on a lawn⸺then groan and pass out