Author's Note

Hello and welcome to my second Greek Mythology based story! I am really excited to explore a different aspect of Greek classics outside of Alexis of Troy (even though this sort of falls in line with the Iliad). And Apollo is one of my favourite gods, so it's a win-win!

This is a retelling of the Greek tale written by the Greek tragedian, Aeschylus.

The original story was that Apollo was enamored by Cassandra, the daughter of the Trojan king, Priam. In order to win over her love, Apollo promised Cassandra the gift to see into the future. She promised to show him favour in return.

However, once she received the gift, she spurned him. Enraged, Apollo told her that she can keep her gift, but the consequence for keeping her promise was that no one would ever believe her premonitions.

Cassandra is the one who predicted the fall on Troy and Agamemnon's death. However, because she angered Apollo, no one believed her. She was doomed to watch her kingdom fall, unable to do anything.

Her fate extends beyond this short story (no spoilers for my Alexis out of Time trilogy 🤫), but I have chosen to rewrite this tale with a modern twist. Cassandra here isn't presented with the gift of seeing into the future, but with fame.

The word count is a max. of 5000 words, so the chapters will be short.

I hope you enjoy this rewrite and if you are interested in participating, there are several Ambassador profiles that are participating!