✧. blessing in disguise

ˢᵒⁿᵍ : ᵈᵃᵈᵈʸ ⁱˢˢᵘᵉˢ | ʳᵉᵐⁱˣ | ˢᵖᵉᵈ ᵘᵖ

Synopsis : how your workaholic of a father ends up adopting you and your mischievous little sister ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

w a r n i n g s
→ manga spoiler
→ implication of the
mistreatment of children
→ misconduct of working standards
→ endangerment of children...

word count : 1533

______________________________________________

⇢ . blessing in disguise .✰˚∗:

𓆩♡𓆪

"You wanna foster a kid?" The unkempt, middle-aged man groggily inquires of the young, pristine, tall blond. Loid Forger.

Or more famously recognised as agent Twilight - the greatest spy of Westails. Currently, Twilight is working on his long-term mission - Operation Strix - to get close to and infiltrate his target, Donovan Desmond, by getting his child into the same educational institution as Desmond's sons. Only then could Operation Strix really be put into motion. To even begin such an endeavour, Twilight needed a child to befriend the second son.

"I do," Loid - the name of Twilight's fake persona for Operation Strix - admitted. "And I understand I can adopt through your orphanage as well?"
The fake doctor took a stride forward, entering the tarnished, oak doors leading into a dusty, dingy hallway. "My wife and I have been trying for so many years but..."

"Yeah whatever," the intoxicated, ignorant man waved Loid's reasoning aside - deficient in care. "Just take whichever you want."

Loid watches the older male in what he displays as astonishment, "uh..." that was far easier than anticipated.

"Come on in." The middle-aged man trods down the hall, avoiding all the children who stare agape at the well-put-together younger man.

Twilight assesses the grungy environment of the children who have their gaze pinned on him; what a dump, he thinks. Twilight ponders how he would prefer accomplishing his missions solo, concluding on his distaste for children. But a mission this intricate would be difficult to execute without its proper, primary requirement.

"Oh," the doctor raises with the operator of the orphanage, the balding man turns to listen while walking, "ideally I'd like a child who can already read and write."

"Yeah? In that case... Anya, (Y/n), get over here!"
The shabby man leads Loid into a desolate, cold room.

Sitting playing on the floorboards with their dolls are two little girls; one is slightly older than the other.
Immediately, she senses the overwhelming intellect and prowess the simple-appearing, middle-upper class man holds. Loid Forger - she instantly conjures his cognomen the moment she meets his gaze.

But he hides who he truly is behind a false facade that the girl swiftly pierces through. Intelligence agent - Twilight. Real name—[REDACTED]

Anya perks up at your thoughts. She stares at you blankly, holding your hand. Her simple, young mind can't keep up with the overflow of information that your sensitive sixth sense keeps fishing out of the enigmatic man.