✧. over the moon

ˢᵒⁿᵍ : ᵖᵘʳᵉ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ⁻ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳ

Synopsis : you and your little sister celebrate getting into the prestigious school that is Eden academy with a large, demanding request from papa beloved ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

w a r n i n g
→ mention of injury, blood
→ description of fighting
→ reckless drinking from yor
→ long chapter

word count : 4977

______________________________________________

          ⇢ . over the moon .✰˚∗:

𓆩♡𓆪

"They got in!" Papa announces in great delight, pulling the party popper string.

Varicoloured confetti bursts from the sapphire-cone with a hollow pop. The confetti envelops the air before fluttering down, waltzing around the family's heads and shoulders.

Everyone cheers, ecstatic about the fortunate discovery.

Yor claps her hands in pure glee.

Proud, Loid lifts you and Anya up in his arms, "great job, girls!" He praises you both - he looks the most content you've seen him yet.

Your little sister beams with her tiny fists pumping the air, "yaaaay!"

Skittishly, you feel your face burn; a blush forms over your cheeks and ears.
"PAPA PUT ME DOWN!" You earnestly demand.

Pa's in slight shock by your upset outburst and conforms to your request accordingly.

Yor tilts her head, puzzled and concerned.

"T-thank you," you shyly flatten your dress - it was a new one, one that he had brought you himself. You mumble unintelligibly, holding a hand over your mouth and avoiding anyone's eyes.

"Hm?" Pa looks at you, a bit of worry clouds his eyes, "are you okay, (Y/n)?"

Nodding, you meet his gaze, "I-I just think I'm too old to be held anymore..." you quietly confess, utterly bashful. You tightly grip the hem of your dress, crumpling it in the process, "I'm getting older and I don't want you to be fed up with me."

Loid is struck.
Tremendous guilt bolts through his chest as he's reminded of the times he nearly gave up on the girls for the most minor incidents. He looks back at the memories and reassesses from the start. I should have been a better father to these girls...

He draws his eyes slightly, peering at your forlorn expression in vast introspection. A sigh heaves out his lips. No use thinking of what you could have done then, only what I do now will matter for my daughters. He gets down to your eye-level and lightens your sullen mood with a warm smile, I'm not giving up on you two from now on; I'm going to be a better father.

Anya perks up in his arm, hearing the thoughts in his head.

"(Y/n), you are not a burden," pa begins, you gape at him as his remorse flows through you. "I'm sorry if I acted abrasively in the beginning of all this, I wasn't being a good papa to you and Anya. But from now on, I will try harder and work to improve how I treat you both. I promise."