🫶

Do you know that experience when you have writer's block but... don't? Like, you're still able to write but it's like you hate every word you're writing, no matter how many times you rephrase it. No matter how many times you edit and edit again, re-write and try and hope and wish that everything you're spilling out on that document isn't horrible, it still seems to be.

Yet, you can't possibly stop writing now.

I'm kind of at that roadblock-- more of a fork in the road, really.

Because I want to write so bad but I don't know how to progress the story. I want to take a hiatus but I know I'll never be able to come back, sit down, and finish.

To put it simply-- I'm not having the same kind of burst of writing energy stuff I had with "Burntout". And that's probably evident for past readers who saw me post crazy amounts every day. (Yup, Leah, that's you :D )

So that's why I'm deciding to finish off "Amortal Song," sooner than I planned. I hate to do it but I can't keep writing something where I'm not fully connecting with it if that makes sense.

But those last few chapters won't disappoint.

In fact, I forbid myself from writing anything 2nd-rate. I'm going to give all of those chapters my all and put my blood, sweat, tears, soul, and my entire love+appreciation for all of you into it.

I swear I will.

-Rae