4

the airpods chris had given me were returned to him, now he had both in his ears as he was passed out against the window.

"matt, how long until we get there?" i spoke quietly, trying not to wake up nick, chris, or mary-lou.

"uhh, maybe another hour?" he answered at a normal volume, i motioned my hand for him to be quieter.

"you can be as loud as you want, they're heavy car ride sleepers."

"oh, didn't know that." i replied, taking a sip out of the coke that i opened a little bit ago.

"chris was being so flirty with you."

"what? how?" i felt flushed, i didn't notice it. i wasn't amused with matts joke.

"dude, he was all over you. and he let you borrow his headphones?"

"yeah?"

"he doesn't let me or nick touch those. he literally yells like a fucking baby." i laughed, explaining how i thought it was nothing. like really, nothing. it was clear matt had figured out that i liked chris as well, it wasn't a very difficult thing to discover. matt started complaining about his neck, so he reverted to looking straight ahead, ending our conversation. i opened my phone.

alohanabana
hiii
how's chrissy shit

jengamaster
stfu.
hes asleep
has he ever let you borrow his airpods

alohanabana
hell no wtf
did he let you???

jengamaster
yes??

alohanabana
BITCHHH
WHAT THW FICK
FUCK*

jengamaster
HELP
no i definitely like him.
like a lot
like 97% a lot

alohanabana
97%???
okay wait
i have to go
msg me when he does something else

jengamaster
bye alahanahana?????

"who?" i flinched, turning off my phone and laying it on my lap. 

"who what?" i turned to chris.

"what is 97%? what does that mean"

"nothing"

"nothing?"

"yes, nothing." i peered over to see matt with his headphones in, and his dad didn't seem to hear anything either.

"no, seriously, what was it" i didnt want him to know. not like this, and not right now.

"dude, its nothing. just leave it alone" i tried to push him away from the topic.

"fine." he mubmled something under his breath.

"what?" i furrowed my brows.

"i said, i bet nick knows what it is."

"okay? what the hell does that mean?"

"what do you think? you tell him everything, but you dont tell me shit." he was starting to get pissed off. this wasnt how i wanted this to end.

"oh my god. youre really overreacting this right now." he stared at me before shoving his headphones back in from whenever he found the time to take them out.

"chris, thats not the word i meant-" he turned up the volume. i could see it on the screen. i didn't mean to say overreacting. i dont know what i meant to say. but it wasnt that. the last thing i would do is try to lessen his feelings. part of me wanted to say he deserved it. i mean really, what the hell was he doing reading my messages? i was pissed off, but i shoudln't have said what i said. now hes ignoring me.