Chapter 12- Bad Dreams

Zora and Bear entered the underground small cavern, exiting the broken section of the pipe they had traveled through, following Rex's trail of blood.

It seemed as though this place used to be an old hiding place or living quarters. Some couches and chairs filled the space, and one or two mannequins leaned against the walls, most likely taken from the gift shop up above. The hideaway may have been a well-hidden shelter for those in the past, but Rex would not find any comfort here when they found him.

The two raiders walked past the main dug-out room and the tunnel led to a metal door, probably leading to a basement or storage room of sorts.

Loud clanging sounds rang out from behind the door as if someone was clearing cabinets and drawers, desperately looking for something.

"Let's catch this rat," Zora looked up to Bear, who tightened his grip on his gun, nodding.

Bear kicked the door open, letting Zora follow behind him.

Rex leaned back against a counter, and all of his weight shifted to the leg that wasn't bleeding profusely.

"Stay back!" He held up a combat knife, hands shaking in a desperate attempt to keep the enraged raiders at bay.

"You fucker- killing Whiplash was the worst mistake you've made," Bear said.

"No! HA!" Rex started laughing, wheezes for breath littered his hysterical state, only to lift his knife once more when Zora took a step towards him.

"No... the worst mistake I made was ever entering that shitty Combat Zone. I could have gone straight to Nuka-World instead- even settling down in a boring ass settlement would have been better than being dragged along by your group. That bitch- she got what she deserved, damn psycho-"

Bear rushed forward and gripped Rex's wrist tightly, making him drop the knife. He twisted it and Zora could hear a loud snap as Rex screamed in pain, falling into a heap on the floor, holding his arm against him.

"Bear, hold him down," Zora pulled out some loose cloth from their pack and leaned over Rex, wrapping his leg and pulling it tight around the gash from the earlier night.

"What- are you-" Rex was cut off when the larger raider wrapped his dirt-covered hand over his mouth.

"We are going to use you as a guide- and afterward, once you've served your purpose, you are going to meet the same fate as Whiplash-" Zora looked up at him, smiling, her ghoul-black eyes glimmering in the low light- "maybe even worse."

Bear let go once Zora finished, and they stood over him.

"You both know, I'm not gonna last that long," he winced as he shifted his leg. "If you hand over one of those stimpacs, then maybe your trip wont all be for nothing."

"These?" She picked up the needles he had found in one of the drawers and put them into her pack, instead, pulling out a red canister.

"You don't deserve them. But have this jet to take the edge off instead, I don't need it."

She threw it to him and he happily inhaled the drug, letting it fall to his side until his whole body convulsed, and he looked up gasping as if choking on the air.

"Shit!" She rushed over to him, not noticing his hand reach for the crowbar underneath the table next to them until too late.

He hit her in the forehead, knocking her out cold and he struggled to stand up.

Bear lunged forward and threw the smaller man across the room before pouncing on him, pounding his fists against Rex's skull until half of his face was bashed in, covered in red and grey brain matter.