▪️THAT Christian Girl▪️

I'm sure by now we've all heard about THAT girl. THAT girl defined by the Urban Dictionary is:

"is a girl that gets up at 5am, meditates, drinks smoothies, has showers every day, journaling, eating only healthy food, goes to gym every day,and is successful in many ways. This stereotype is typically on tiktok and films morning or night routines. Most likely rich too..."

While all this is true because during this year I became very interested in becoming THAT girl. I watched a lot of morning and nighttime routines and even skincare routines! But for some reason the more I watched those videos, the lazy and unmotivated I got. I began to subconsciously compare myself and as mentioned above, most of the ladies who become THAT girl, are normally rich. So when I tried to follow their routines and all that, I'd feel worse about myself because I am not as wealthy as all those women.

But then I later realized that, my reasons behind becoming THAT girl were not strong enough and were not complete pure considering I was just doing it for other people and not for God or myself. I was not doing it for the right reasons so obviously it did not work out for me and that was one of the causes of my spiritual burnout. I just started going through the motions and not living for God. I kept watching THAT girl videos and just spiraling in comparing myself to others.

But once I truly began to invest in my relationship with God and spend time with Him and started seeing the light again. I realized what THAT girl was missing. And that was God.

So here's the way I would define THAT Christian girl:

"Think about the best version of yourself that you could be. Goals whether spiritual, physical, emotional, financial, mental, etc. that you'd like to accomplish. The person you aspire to be in Christ. That is THAT Christian girl"

We can't truly compare spiritual journeys and our lives because we're all very different and live very vast lives. And God made you YOU, and He made you YOUnique. So comparing yourself to others will always be futile considering that no matter how much you compare, you'll never become that person you're comparing yourself to.

Personally my THAT Christian girl goals look like this:

- quiet time everyday with God
-always keeping God on my mind
-working out
-drinking water

Now I'm going to dive in a bit about why those are my goals. And I hope these give you ideas because THAT Christian girl is all about self-improvement with God's guidance.

*Quiet Time With God*

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:33‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

My hope is to always talk to God first before anything and just spend time with Him because God should always be a FIRST priority and not a last resort (yes that's a quote I saw on Pinterest but it's still really impactful nonetheless). And it's been really helpful in my walk with Christ to keep my mind centered on Him. Which brings me to my next goal.

*Keeping God In Mind Always*

"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭26:3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I aspire to be more aware of God's presence in my life and find things that remind me of Him in everyday things and situations. Because only God can give peace and it's something I'm working towards i.e finding contentment and comfort in God alone.

*Working Out* & *Drinking Water*

"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭6:19-20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Because I'm aware that my body is the temple of God, I make sure that I take care of it well. Keeping it fit and healthy and glorifying God's temple by working out. And truly keeping the body in a good state. I don't normally drink much water and that's something I want to change. I want to keep my body hydrated.

____

These are just a few of my goals but I just would like you to remember that THAT Christian girl is different for everyone and it's never going to be the same because we all have things that we struggle with and things we may want to change about ourselves for the better and for Christ. And also remember to take it one step and one day at a time. Don't be afraid to fail but always get back up again. I'd like to close this off with this verse:

"For a righteous man may fall seven times And rise again, But the wicked shall fall by calamity."
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭24:16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Don't give up. If at first you don't succeed try, try and try again. Remember to take your time and really enjoy the presence of God as you work towards improving your life with and for God.

.........

Feel free to comment any goals you may have for yourself that you would like to reach as a daughter of the Most High.

All love. God bless you❤️

~Zoe