Chapter 23

The whole team looked up as soon as the door to the bedroom opened itself again, revealing a very stressed looking blonde. Taehyung looked like his mind was completely clouded will all kinds of unwanted thoughts and immediately Jungkook felt sorry for him. He had known that it would be tough for the older male to talk to his former best friend, the guy that had betrayed him in the worst way possible.

Namjoon was the first to stand up as soon Taehyung walked closer to him. "Did he say anything about the whereabouts of the chip?" The grey haired male asked the younger but Taehyung only briefly shook his head before he walked further towards the door that would lead him out of the apartment. The male looked confused and  lost to Jungkook and immediately the brunette felt extremely sorry for him. Ohh how that conversation he'd just had must have been hell for him.

"I'm going out for a bit." The blonde announced, the cold tone that would often lace his voice present once more. It had become like a pattern now to Jungkook. The brunette often found that if Taehyung wanted to avoid or hide something he'd clear his voice of any possible emotion. In a way it made Jungkook feel sad for Taehyung seeing as he apparently felt the need to even hide what he was truly feeling around his friends and thus the hacker couldn't help but wonder why the older often seemed so distant and cold?

"Why?" was the only thing Namjoon managed to bring out as het stared at his friend's back with a confused look on his face. The older male had expected that this conversation would be hard for his younger friend but to him it seemed like Taehyung was completely out of it ever since he had left that bedroom and it worried him. This wasn't like the blonde at all and he clearly got  way more affected then Namjoon had first anticipated.

"I need to clear my head." Taehyung simply answered while he walked further to the door. A conflicted look began to make it's way onto Namjoon's face. He knew that there was no stopping the younger once he had set his mind on something he was going to do and forbidding him to go would only result in an argument between them which would ultimately still lead to Taehyung leaving, which was something Namjoon didn't want the blonde to do. Not alone at least.

Suddenly however an idea sprung into the grey haired male's mind and he nodded briefly. "Take Jungkook with you." Namjoon spoke and immediately Taehyung turned around, a hint of confusion clearly visible on his face. "Why?" the blonde asked, not understanding why the elder would want him to take the younger brunette with him. Not that he had anything against the younger male, he just didn't understand why Namjoon wanted them to leave the apartment together.

Namjoon smiled briefly before he locked eyes with Taehyung. "You seem to calm down easier whenever you're with him." Taehyung's eyes slightly widened but he didn't say anything as he turned around and continued to walk outside. Jungkook immediately jumped up from the seat he was sitting in before he walked after the blonde, sending only a small nod to Namjoon. The brunette totally got why he was being send with the older male. Who knows what stupid or reckless things Taehyung would do if he was alone? The blonde  needed someone to look out for him and that was exactly what Jungkook was planning on doing. He would look out for the older and be there for him if he needed someone.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked as he ran down the stairs to catch up with Taehyung who was a little further ahead. It didn't take long for the hacker to catch up and in times like these he was thankful for always working out. He surely would've been out of breath by now if he hadn't done so much exercises every single day. At least now he had no trouble at all with catching up to Taehyung.

Taehyung sighed softly while continuing to make his way down the stairs. "I just don't get it Jungkook. We were best friends since kindergarten. I don't get how you can go from best friends to wanting to blow each other's brains out." The blonde admitted while a slight look of hurt was clearly visible in his eyes. "Why did he have to ruin everything we had together?"