Chapter 9.5

Behind Her Story

“Perspectives are a piece to use for completion, judging by your own is like scrambling your organized information.”

—Mrs. Ramirez’ P.O.V.
I stood speechless, perplexity overwhelming me with nothing in mind but the words that Xylie had enunciated. “They’re safe mom, don’t worry”

What does it mean? If my hypothesis is correct, would that seem to prove that Xylie was involved, or rather she knew what happened in that warehouse? Did she sneak herself out of the house to rescue her friend?

It would make sense. Since Myrille Alvidarez had been reported absent these past few days from the institute. She must’ve known that reporting to the police wouldn’t do any good. And apart from it, I would know her activities.

But how did she know about the warehouse? She’s obviously hiding more from me. I need to know what she’s up to.

Argh, this girl. I don’t really get what goes on in her mind. I understand that she’s in her adolescence but why would she enter in these types of dangers? How I regret not being with her when she’s still young. I always mind our business more than I mind her.

I just don’t want to put our business at risk, everything that we have came straight from it. If we let the opposing business win over us, we would lose a lot that we have worked hard for.

But nonetheless, I should know about what she’s up to. As her mom, I should be keeping her safe. And not letting her go into these kinds of trouble.

I sauntered toward her room, and gave a knock on the door as I reach it. Yet she did not answer. What’s going on? I know it’s quite weird to see her walking home with a teary eye. But I thought it’s not that important.

Wait, I remember. She knew something about our business. I reckon she felt bad after knowing that we kept secrets from her. Now I really need to talk to her, I want to settle this once and for all.

I placed another knock on the door, yet she did not answer. I know she needs her alone time, although this is all too bewildering for me. And it’s hard for her too.

I opened the door knowing that it was not locked. But as I enter, I quickly realized what happened. I opened the door only to see her hanging on the ceiling.

“XYLIE!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, I felt aghast and I didn’t know what to do.

Tears began to stream down my cheeks, worried lacing every bit of my words, as I utter her name over and over like a broken record.

I quickly rose her up and removed the rope which was tightly grasping her neck. I could see her pale face yet I was still full of hope that she’s still alive. I hope I’m not yet late.

I felt her pulse, but it was weak, so I immediately looked for my phone to call an emergency to bring her to the hospital. No, I left it on the table in the living room.

Out of confusion I grabbed her phone and dialed the emergency number to quickly ask for help. I didn’t know what to do, how could I let this happen?

The ambulance came rushing to our place in no time, which I then immediately acted upon. I transported my daughter to the ambulance and we were off to the hospital.

I checked her phone calls and noticed that she also called her friend 5 minutes prior. I think she should also know about this as well.

—Myrille’s P.O.V.

Gabing gabi na, and I was very tired from what had happened kanina. I’m just really thankful na I finally got to sleep in my bed rather than being tied up in a squalid room.