Chapter 9

Alex was in the loft of the barn. He hoped the men wouldn't be looking up here. He hoped they would've given up on looking for him.
The door swung open, and the men's voices carried up to the loft. Alex quickly hid himself in the corner and tried to not be seen.
"He's got to be in the trunk or something. There's no way he made it out the back without us noticing anything," the first man said.
"I know. She's not going to be happy if we can't find the boy," the second man replied.
Alex racked his brain for any woman he'd made mad. Did she want him dead? He leaned forward a little, being careful to not knock any dust or anything down. He needed more information.
"He was supposed to have been taken care of in the warehouse," the first man said.
"No. She wants him alive. She's always wanted him alive," the second man snapped.
Alex peered over the edge of the loft. The two men stood below him. The first one was the man from the car. He remembered how the man reminded him of Smithers, just a little bit. The other man was definitely the one who had tried to grab him when the car had stopped next to him. Alex could see where Rossi's foot had made contact with the forearm.
"He's not in here," the second man said.
"Look again, Danny," the first man replied a little harshly. He was older than the second man. Tanner too. They had the same black hair and similar face shapes. Alex guessed they were brothers.
"I'm telling you, Bobby, kid's not here," Danny stood his ground.
"I'm not giving her any bad news. We better find that kid before she arrives," Bobby said firmly.
Alex was still confused. Who could possibly be arriving? He still couldn't think of anyone. It must be from the memory loss. He thought.

Garcia had been working really hard to find Alex and Rossi. She had been tracking the phone and retracing the steps Rossi had taken.
Suddenly she had a ping from two hours away. Rossi's phone had just been used to send something or make a call. It was something and Garcia was happy about that.
Her phone started to ring. Quickly she picked up.
"Garcia, Alex just sent a text," Hotch said.
"Oh, good that was Alex. I feared it could've been their attacker or something. Whatever those people are to us," Garcia rambled.
"We need you to search for a Danny and a Bobby. They might be brothers and they definitely live on a farm," Hotch explained.
"Yep. I'm also guessing that farm might be two hours away from here," Garcia replied.
"He doesn't know where the farm is. Just that it's a farm and the house has a basement. That's where they took Rossi," Hotch said.
"Alright. I'll track this and see where it goes. I'll call you will anything I find," Garcia replied. She clicked the button and went started to dig through the online records of the property.

The basement door creaked open. Night had fallen and Rossi had hoped the men wouldn't come back down here. He would try to fight them. He knew Alex wasn't in their clutches.
The door creaked shut and the sound of footsteps followed. Each step sounded like the person didn't want to be heard.
"Alex?" Rossi asked the dark.
The light clicked on. Rossi blinked a little to get his eyes adjusted to the new light.
"Yeah?" Alex replied. A flood of relief washed over Rossi as the boy came down the stairs.
"Are you alright? Did they see you?" Rossi asked. He resisted the urge to pull the boy into a hug. Don't get emotionally involved. He reminded himself.
"They have no idea where I am. I've been very careful to leave no trace of myself anywhere. I remember my SAS training," Alex rambled. "Are you alright?"
"I've been in worse spots. We should worry more about you. You're important and we need to get you back home," Rossi replied.
Alex opened his mouth like he was about to say something. He quickly closed his mouth. "A lady is looking for me. I don't know who she could be," Alex said at last.
"It'll be okay," Rossi said.
They heard movement come from upstairs. Alex and Rossi froze.
"Go," Rossi hurriedly whispered. Alex nodded.
The way he'd come wasn't going to work. He'd have to get a little creative. The window would work, but there wasn't enough time. Quickly, Alex hid himself behind a shelving unit full of boxes in the corner near a window. He'd had enough time to unlock it before the two men began to descend the staircase.

Garcia had been at this for longer than she thought, lost down the rabbit hole it presented her with. She had found out who owned the farm and did so much digging.
The Johnson family farm had been there for generations, passed down throughout the years. It was now owned by a Robert J Johnson and a Daniel C Johnson. Two brothers who had a trail of blood behind them. Robert had been arrested more times than Garcia cared to track. She had his whole criminal record and had been going over it in small pieces.
Daniel on the other hand barely had anything on him. He happened to have owned another property closer to the office. It was a warehouse that had seemed to have been abandoned. Garcia stared at the address, knowing exactly where that was. The place it had all started.
She reached out and dialed Hotch's number.
"What did you find?" Hotch asked, answering the phone after the second ring.
"Did you know that Daniel Johnson owns the warehouse we found Alex in?" Garcia asked right off the bat.
"Who is Daniel Johnson?"
"One of the brothers who owns the farm Rossi and Alex are at right now."

"Well, well, well, what's going on down here?" Bobby asked. His voice was like a villain and reminded Alex of all the other evil men he'd faced and defeated.
He's just like the others. Probably wants to take over the world or something just as sinister. Alex thought to himself. No problem. I've taken down loads of people. Nothing I can't handle.
Alex knew what he had to do. He waited for them to be done. Waiting them out was easier and gave him time to work out a plan.
"Where's the boy?" Bobby asked.
"What boy?" Rossi replied.
"The one from our warehouse. You weren't supposed to have him in the first place. He needs to go back to England or San Fransico," Danny said.
Alex froze. Chills consumed his body. How did they know where he'd lived? He listened for more information.
"I didn't know there was a boy from England here. I've only been in this basement since you brought me here," Rossi replied. Alex knew he wouldn't tell them where he was.
"We're getting nowhere with him. We shouldn't have taken him," Bobby whispered to his brother.
"I agree. I shouldn't have been taken," Rossi agreed. He expected some sort of retaliation for speaking, but nothing came.
"She gave us clear instructions. Don't harm the boy. It almost doesn't matter if the FBI get tangled up in this. We take the fall for that. Remember?" Danny explained.
Alex pulled out Rossi's phone. He quickly sent a message to Hotch.
They're working for someone who must know me. They mentioned San Francisco and England.