Chapter 1

The warehouse was dark and cold. Reid shone the light around. It had been two hours since he started searching through here with Rossi and a few police officers and all they were seeing were dead bodies. It was sad. Every dead body had different wounds and different causes of death as well as everything being in various stages of decay. Never had Reid seen more bodies than he had here. 
"How long have we been doing this?" Reid asked Rossi.
Rossi looked at his watch. "About two hours," he replied. 
"Wow. It feels longer," Reid said as he walked into a new room which had bullet holes and even more bodies.
"This is so sad. How are we going to identify everyone?" Rossi said. 
Reid shrugged. "How are we going to find anyone who's alive?"
"I guess the same way we're going to find the people responsible."
"Let's just hope we find a living person who can help us with catching the people responsible."

In the very same room just far enough away to not get caught in the beam of light lay a boy who was still alive in this mess of bodies. He was wounded from the gunfire that had taken place a few hours before the men showed up. He should've been dead but he bet the odds. He was just waiting for the cold to take him now. That was what he wanted as he lay on a few bodies and under one. that was how he had manged to stay alive after they left. 
The two men were getting closer to him. The boy was beginning to drift into a coma. The light swept over him and he made a noise. 
"Over there," Reid said. He pointed his flashlight in the direction he heard the noise.
"Let's hope it's a living person and not an animal of some kind," Rossi replied. The two of them made their way over to the boy. Rossi removed the body on top of him and saw the boy blink his eyes. He was trying to stay awake. Rossi gently picked him up and carried him out of there. He was the only survivour. 

Outside the warehouse stood Aaron Hotchner. He didn't look happy to be there and equally unhappy about what had been reported so far. No one was coming out of there with breath in their lungs unless they were apart of the rescue crew. That was until Rossi came through the door with a teenager in his arms and Reid close behind. 
"We found one. He's been shot a couple of times and he's going into a coma," Rossi said. He handed the boy to paramedics waiting near them. 
"Do we have any clues as to who did this yet?" Hotchner asked. 
"Not a single one. The only thing Reid and I found were more dead bodies and the boy. I hope he pulls through. Who knows how long he was in there with those wounds," Rossi replied.
"We have to be a little more concerned with what's going on here rather than the boy. But he's a concern to. We'll wait for him to get better enough so we can ask questions without any problems happening," Hotchner responded. "It's better if he can tell us everything without having a panic attack."
"You know that isn't going to happen fast enough to still nail the people for the crime. We need to be realistic."
"I am being realistic, Dave. Even if we were to ask him tomorrow we still won't have enough. We need to comb through the whole place and make sure we get all the evidence we can."

At the hospital, the boy woke up. It had been a couple of days since he was rescued from the warehouse, but he had begun to heal nicely. They had caught an infection that could've been life threatening. The boy hadn't said a word to anyone when he woke up. He seemed to know where he was and accepted it. Dr. Spencer Reid was sitting with him. 
"Hey, kid, how are you feeling?" Reid asked. The boy didn't reply. He just stared at him with big brown eyes. "Here's a pencil and a notebook. Could you write down things instead of talking? It could help us take down whoever shot you."
Reluctantly, the boy took the pencil and notebook. He wrote a sentence down.
My name is Alex Rider and I probably shouldn't say anything more than that.
"Why?" Reid asked. Again Alex jotted down one sentence.
I could put my country at a greater risk and they already aren't too happy with me.
"Who isn't happy with you? If we know we can tell them you're safe."
No they won't listen. And even if you knew who is was you wouldn't believe me. That's why they chose me for all those missions.
"So you're a spy?"
Shit I've written too much. But since I have, I work for MI6. Not that they pay me so maybe it's just volunteer work I didn't sign up for.
"I'm going to get someone to call them. I know you don't us to but we have to. You're foreign so you can't be our problem. I'm not sure how we're going to solve this case now, but we will," Reid said as he got up and left the room. 

JJ was in her office doing paperwork about the recent investigation to the warehouse. She was upset that they had pulled out a boy who couldn't be much older than 15. But then her phone rang, pulling her away.
"This is JJ," she said.
"JJ, it's me, Reid, we have a bit of a situation," Reid said on the other side.
"What is it?"
"The boy works for MI6 and his name is Alex Rider."
"So we have to get MI6 involved in this?"
"Maybe. If that's the only way to keep him here so he can help us with this case then I say we go for it," Reid said. Everything seemed to happen so fast. First they get a tip about a warehouse. Then they search it and find nothing but dead bodies. And on top of that they find a boy from England. 
"I'll let Hotch know we have to get MI6 involved. Though we might also be bringing in the CIA," JJ replied after a pause.
"Okay. Oh, and he didn't want me to tell anyone to call him in. He thinks they don't like him. I think he's scared out of his mind, which is why he isn't speaking."
"You didn't mention that before."
"I thought I did. No, I wrote it in my report. Anyway, I'll let you get back to paperwork and telling Hotch about Alex," Reid said. JJ agreed and they hung up. With a sigh JJ dialed a number into her phone.

Reid turned to look at Alex. He was a little underweight and he could guess why. He was a little sad to see a boy in this condition, but he knew it came with the job. Sometimes you see people in their most vulnerable. And that's what Alex was in now.