Puzzle pieces and some sweetness

Earth and Mix had to explain the entire story of what they just went through to a very bewildered Phuwin. He was about done with laying the schoolgirl's soul to rest when he heard the sound of booming voices and scuttering feet. Too late to notice where they could have gone until finally, he happened upon them locked in an embrace in one of the classrooms. To say that he was shocked before the explanation would be an understatement, and even now he still gives furtive glances to both Earth and Mix on the car ride back to drop him at his apartment. It didn't escape his notice that Earth was finally willing to let go of Mix after the latter had his amulet back on, and then immediately backed off as if in pain. He would have to ask them later as right now the only thing Phuwin is seeing is his sweet glorious soft bed. Today has been a lot and it was only mid-afternoon.

Silence envelopes the car after Phuwin has left. Both Earth and Mix couldn't find the words to break the silence that was between them after everything that had happened. Mix could feel Earth's restlessness even though Earth tried his best to act unbothered. Mix could see it from the way Earth's fingers kept tapping on the steering wheel and the way he kept glancing at the rear-view mirror more times than was warranted considering how empty the roads were. What happened back there was big and needs to be addressed, Mix just needs to find the best way to go about it without scaring Earth. Start gently Mix thought, maybe talk about something else and then allude to the topic slowly, yeah that's the right way to go about it, Mix thinks.
"Hey, Earth.... why are you ignoring me?" Mix blurted realising a bit too late that he has never been subtle a day in his life, and this was never going to work in the first place. He can feel Earth wincing and the car braked not so gently at that moment causing them to move forwards with inertia. Earth took a long sigh before answering "Can we speak about everything when we arrive at your place, please?". Mix nodded in agreement going back to staring in front of him. Silence once again enveloped the car until they arrived.

Earth didn't mean to speak to Mix in that way, it's just right now his head is a mess, too many thoughts all at once without enough time to think through any of them. He still can't find an explanation for what happened back there. Why suddenly that spirit was about to touch Mix and then why when Earth embraced him, the spirit retreated back as if touching actual fire. Why it felt so right to embrace Mix, how comforting his touch was and how when they looked at each other it felt like they were communicating with just their eyes. Why he could touch Mix so freely but then as soon as the amulet was near or on Mix he couldn't, his touch causing him pain. It's just.... none of it makes any sense Earth thought and on top of everything they still had a malicious spirit at that house. The reason for all of this in the first place. Earth knew that if he didn't stop all these thoughts, he was only going to spiral from here and it will end up getting messier and messier and more confusing and—

"Earth"

He looked up upon hearing his name uttered by Mix. He looked so steady and sure, his posture straight and his eyes determined. He's so strong Earth thought at that moment, so strong and he doesn't even know it. When Earth spirals it takes a long time to bring him back to reality each time leaving a part of himself there, unreachable and forgotten but just one utterance of his name from Mix and that's all it took to centre him again. To bring him back to being present.
"Let's go inside, I'll make some tea" Mix said with such an air of finality that he didn't even look back to see if Earth is following him inside, confident that he would do as he asks. And he is right Earth thought.

The inside of Mix's home hasn't changed since the two times he has been there Earth thought, now looking with familiarity at the symbols and statues scattered all along the house. He's sure there is some method to the madness, otherwise, Mix was truly crazier than he thought. Earth chuckled at this thought sitting down on the cream-coloured couch just like the first time. It felt like such a long time ago when in fact it has only been a bit more than a week. A lot of things can happen in that amount of time. The cerulean blanket still lays there amid a book and some paper, The Lord of the Rings Return of the King Earth read skimming over the title. He looks the type Earth thought, the corners of his lips lifting without even thinking. He took a look at the rest of the room he was in, not really noticing any details the last time he was here, too many things to think about at that time. This time there is a lot to think about too, but at this moment, in Mix's home, in his living room, on his sofa Earth just takes all of it in and breaths.