Chaos part 2

The others hear it too then. Loud bangs like a hammer were being hit on the other side of the wood, cracking and splintering it. Jan did all she could to stop Boom and Phuwin's head injuries from bleeding any further, they remained laying under the stairs. Their injuries were too dangerous if they were to stand up and let gravity increase the bleeding. They had to hope that it would be enough with just the rest of them. She took her position next to the others, collectively waiting and holding their breaths. What followed next was the rattling and shaking of the door and then a blast knocking it down.

Earth took a deep breath in, taking a step back and clutching tighter to the amethyst stars in his hand, his palm already red from gripping the railing earlier. The spirit had finally revealed itself, it looked familiar, but he couldn't remember where he had seen that face even though disfigured before. Neo gasped then realisation hitting him, Jan's eyes glowed too on the same wavelength as him. "It's you, "she said into the stillness that had settled. "What could have possibly made you resort to this, to being possessed by a powerful demon?".

The entity in front of them just laughed, an ugly excuse for a chuckle. It looked human but not quite, the skin tethered off and hanging off into bits, flesh evident in its arms and legs, pieces of bone sticking out. The skin covering its fingers was missing, and parts of the flesh dug in looking like it had been chewed. Its eyes were red, and hair matted black in clumps. Jan and Neo knew it couldn't be anyone else. It was the previous owner's body and face but butchered to a pulp. It made sense to them now why the furniture was placed to one side, probably to make space for the owner to draw up a sacrificing circle in blood on the floor and along the walls, summoning an actual demon to possess his body. What made the owner sacrifice his body in such a violent matter was not important now, they were losing time. They had to act now while it was still in their line of sight, Jan signalled to the others quickly. They had to do it now.
Following her signal Earth, Luke and Neo both took to the sides encircling the possessed owner, the door at its back with Jan in the middle and Mix hanging back going to help Boom and Phuwin, his amulet safely on his neck now that spirit had no intention of disappearing again. The red eyes looked at them curiously as they threw the stars at it, attaching to its flesh. Clearly having never encountered something like this before as it let a deafening muffled scream due to the stars binding to it and tethering it where it stood, glowing a bright purple as they activated. Jan yelled then urging the others to start the banishing script while they had the chance, voices growing together in sync together steady and powerful. All the while it continued to shriek twisting its neck at an impossible angle the more that they chanted. They were close, so close, almost at the end of the verses.

The first person to fall to the ground clutching at his abdomen from the sheer amount of pain was Luke. Followed by the spitting and coughing up of blood in front of him unable to stop. Next followed by Neo and Jan both with the same symptoms, the pain so huge it rendered them voiceless with no screams coming out except tears flowing down their faces. Earth panicked, stopping mid-verse rushing to their sides not knowing what the hell he was supposed to do to make them feel better. He took a look behind him only to find the spirit not there anymore, it was gone. Earth looked frantically around but couldn't feel its presence anymore, except the next moment he could feel something cold around his neck. A strong grip attached to him from behind, Earth chocking on his spit in surprise clutching with his hands at his neck but there was nothing there. It was choking him, his feet almost leaving the ground, the heel of his shoes in the air as he was being suffocated to death.

Mix was panicking ever since Luke first collapsed, the ensuing carnage happening right in front of him, he sees Earth gasping for air, his lips already turning a deep blue. He knows what he needs to do, he can't see Earth dying right in front of him, he can't bear the pain he feels right now and will feel for his entire life if he ever makes it out alive. He takes out a small, silver knife that he had hidden inside his long shirt, not any knife but a knife from his father's collection before leaving with Earth that morning. If his father was right this small little blade was able to penetrate a dead man's flesh and harm it. He had to take the chance; it couldn't see him while he was still wearing the amulet giving him a small window of opportunity after he removes it to dig the blade into its neck while it was distracted.