Chaos part 1

Mix wakes up to the feeling of someone moving beside him, he opens his eyes slowly to see Earth's back pressed against his chest, their hands locked together in front of them embracing each other as Earth snuggles even more on the pillow, looking so relaxed and comfortable. Mix unlocks one of his hands from Earth's grip, fingers moving delicately, brushing over Earth's shoulders and tracing patterns along his golden skin, afraid to wake him up and break this moment. This bubble that they have created where it is just them, wrapped tightly together, skin touching, sharing the same space. Mix realises that in their haste yesterday, he forgot his amulet in the living room, the last thing on his mind at that moment. But it's okay Mix thinks as Earth turns in his sleep, tossing and moving in frustration until finally settling down with his head on Mix's chest, his breathing going back to normal and the crease in his eyes gone. Mix brings a hand through Earth's hair, his fingers going through every lock gently followed by a kiss on the top of his head. He feels safe. This might well be the first and only time that Mix gets to experience this after today. It hasn't sunk in yet though for Mix, call him naïve and inexperienced but in his heart of hearts he knows that they will succeed, he just feels it. Lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice that Earth had woken up, he feels his eyes being covered by a hand and Earth's torso shifting upwards, he feels Earth's breath on his ear, his senses heightened now that he can't see." What are you thinking about?" Earth whispers. He removes his hand then, bringing it to Mix's cheek. "I think you know what I'm thinking about" Mix replies softly, his arms come up and wrap around Earth's torso, snuggling into his shoulder breathing in. "Let's not think about anything, let's just stay like this for a little while longer". Earth rubs the expanse of Mix's arm as a response, he doesn't want to sleep, he wants to remember the feeling of Mix's skin and his presence for a little while longer.

The sound of the car door being shut broke the stillness that was in the air. Earth and Mix side by side walked up to where the others lay waiting in silence too. Side by side but not touching as the amulet lay securely around Mix's neck. Jan was the first one to greet them, making space for them to join in the circle they had formed. With Neo right next to him, Earth put his arm around his shoulder patting him on the back, he knew that it was up to Neo now to guide them. Neo looked one by one at everyone that was present determination in his eyes, he received a confirmatory nod from everyone before speaking, "You all know what we need to do.....let's do it". They went over the plan so many times yesterday that it was practically permanently marked in their memory. The plan was simple in theory, but things don't always go to plan in real life, this time they hoped it will. It all depended on that damn door opening for them and then they would enter, forming a tight-knit line between them, Mix their element of surprise in the middle, hoping that he goes unnoticed. Then once they were sure everyone was in their place, Mix had to remove his amulet, Earth close by just in case. If luck was on their side, the malicious spirit would manifest itself and then thanks to Boom's stroke of genius, they will hold it frozen in place using the new improved version of the Amethyst starts, giving them enough time to banish it once and for all. That's the plan, how well it was going to work out, they had to find out.

They took their time making their way to the house's porch, cautious every step of the way for anything, any slight movement and any slight rustle of a leaf. They weren't taking any chances. The house looked even more different than the last time Earth thought, where at the beginning he couldn't feel anything, now he felt a presence so strong, filled with hate, anger and malice. The last time the stones making up the house looked dark red, now they were completely black looking almost like burnt charcoal, cracks evident along the entire walls, the grappling plant once so grand and huge now was shrunken, its leaves all gone covering the lawn, black leaves...necrotic and dead only its skeleton left behind clinging to the stone. They were almost at the door and from what they could see it was still closed. Earth looked at the others before making his way up front to try to open it himself. He didn't have to, as his step neared the door, the handle started to twist by itself turning both clockwise and anticlockwise making the door shake, what followed after was the trickling of blood starting from the top and then flowing downwards in streaks, painting the door in crimson, just like in their dream but this time they were all awake to see it open. It worked whispered Neo, he was still hoping that they might have been wrong after all, but clearly, the spirit wanted them today. They all made their way past, standing close, Earth taking his position back next to Mix as they finally entered the house.