Chapter 5: The Pride Ball

White stood in the middle of a desert on a free planet named Llars. She sighed and opened up a bottle of water, sprinkling the water around her so the few ferns might have a chance at life. A crashed old ship sat behind her whilst she curled in her legs.

"Talking to myself. I really am going crazy, heh. May as well go back home and see what Black needed."

The suns on Llars began to set, settling the desert in a blanket of darkness and sudden cold. White started up the old ship she had fixed earlier that day and headed to Homeworld. Llars wasn't very far from Homeworld, so she was able to arrive in only a matter of minutes through light-travel.

Once she arrived, she landed the ship next to her Homeworld ship. White exited the ship. "Might as well change." She shapeshifted into her usual clothes. "Now to find Black."

~~~

Black warped into the ballroom, the ball almost about to start. She looked around, amazed by how much better everything looked. "Wow, it looks perfect, guys! Everyone's gonna love this."

White warped into the ballroom, immediately noticing Black. "Black! What's going on?"

"Oh, White!" Black turned around. "I see you got my message. Glad to see you're back from your travels." She hugged White. "We're holding a ball in a couple minutes for this human event called 'Pride Month'. I think Ghost can fill you in on the details."

"Oh, thank you. I must get myself ready." White twirled around, shapeshifting into a sleeveless white and pale blue dress with faux pearls accessorizing it. "Shall this be sufficient?"

"It looks marvelous, White." Black turned to Sunny. "Where's Reneé and Lake?"

"Oh, Reneé said they're headed off-planet to meet up with her old friends. She won't be able to make it to the ball." Sunny replied.

"Alright, then go find Ghost and Ace. Tell them the ball's about to start."

"On it." Sunny ran outside the ballroom, already knowing they were there. As expected, she heard everything.

"Ah, that reminds me!" Black turned back to White. "White, can you announce to Homeworld that we're starting the ball now? I'm not good at those types of things."

"Of course!" White pulled out a screen and made a global announcement about the ball. Once she was finished, she slumped down onto her throne and sighed. Looked like 'freedom' was over...

~~~

"Huh?" Ghost heard thumping noises inside the ballroom growing louder. "What's-"

The door slammed open, revealing a very excited Sunny. "Guys, the ball's starting!"

"The ball? NOW?!" Ace panicked. "Oh my stars, I have to get ready-"

"Same! And I have to manage the crowds now that the announcement's been made-" Ghost panicked as well.

They both dashed off in different directions on different missions.

"Oh my, I'm spreading a panic. But ya know what, it's fine!" Sunny skipped back into the ballroom. "They said they have to get ready."

Black sighed. "The ball literally starts in two minutes and they're not ready."

"I'm back, sorry." Ace was now wearing a brown suit with a dull red dress-shirt underneath. "When exactly are we starting? Ghost is managing the crowds."

"In one minute." Black replied.

"Hey, hi, sorry. I had to manage the public and then get dressed and-" Ghost let out an exasperated sigh, smoothing down their off-white evening gown. "I'll be at the concessions." Their bright gold low heels clacked against the tiles as they left for refreshments.