hi let's talk real quick (epic preview at the end)

Sooo it's been about five months since I posted Chapter 9, and Chapter 10 still isn't done.... yeah.

You most likely noticed, but this thing's gonna be on hiatus for a much longer time than last time. But it's not because of laziness or school this time, it's actually for something really exciting and I think you guys are gonna love it!

Remember that "upcoming book" I've sort of been talking about on here? For about a year or two now, I've been working on a Steven Universe AU of my own. (i don't really count pearl authority as mine, i was given ownership by its original creator but it's still a collab. it's a team effort kinda story, you know?) While this AU was in its sort of "beginning" stage where I was just working on a couple of main characters, I was focused more on writing Pearl Authority with my friends along with balancing school and theater.

For a long time, I've been creating new characters for the AU, trying to perfect the storyline, and organize all of my outlines and notes and ideas. But now that I have a little bit more time to myself since school's ending, PA's on a hiatus both here and in the Roblox group, and the show I was part of during the school year is finished, I'm happy to announce that I'm finally starting the writing process of this new AU!

You might be thinking: "Oh, it's probably some cool thing where it's like if that happened in the show, then things would be totally different and cool and awesome." Actually, funny enough, this AU just barely has any canon characters, excluding the Diamonds of course.

Here's that "epic preview" I mentioned in the title.

In this AU, the Crystal Gems lose the war. The Blinding Light that the Diamonds used to eradicate every Gem on Earth's surface worked exactly the way it was intended. Rose couldn't save Pearl and Garnet in time, the Diamonds effectively shattering the three of them along with the rest of the Crystal Gems. Like in the show, Era 2 is a time of grief and technological advancement, but it's also a time of dread. A new "rebellion" of sorts rises up from the outskirts of Homeworld. This new empire is known as "The Legion". It's led by an unknown Gem who goes by the name Sphinx, and is feared across the galaxy for their malicious goal: overthrow the Diamonds and claim their power for themselves. However, a band of Gems, and a couple humans in the mix, who call themselves the Jaded Jewels have come together with the intention of stopping Sphinx from achieving their tyrannical goal and saving the galaxy. Pretty cool, right?

The series starts off with its first book, "Where It All Began". It focuses on a small group called the Earth Precinct or, more commonly known as, the Cygnai, which is a powerful team that Cherry, the leader of the Jaded Jewels, assigned to protect Earth from Sphinx's wrath. However, this team is faced with a lot more obstacles than any of them expected. Sphinx decides to hire a group of "enhanced" humans to hunt down and destroy the Cygnai, making way for Sphinx to easily take control of the planet. Declara, the Cygnai's leader, is determined to stop this from happening despite her past trauma getting in the way, but her brother Kaiden gets himself into a lot of trouble with the Legion after meeting a certain Gem.

This book has three main POVs: Kaiden, a trans 19-year-old human who has slight anger issues and the average personality of a teenage boy, is the adopted brother of Declara, and is bent on slowing Sphinx's empire down, even if it means going against the back of someone he loves; Declara, a 22-year-old badass human who is the leader of the Earth Precinct, has a little bit of a protective personality when it comes to Kaiden or any of her friends, and is willing to do whatever it takes to keep her family safe, despite the danger her and her brother face; and Raine, a Lapis Lazuli who is undercover for the Legion as a new member of the Cygnai, is traumatized from what Sphinx has done to him in the past, and is caught between where his true loyalties lie: the love of his life or Sphinx's empire.

And that's the epic preview! Unfortunately, since I've just started the writing process and I'm still working out some chapters, the first book might not even come out until late 2024 or possibly even early 2025. I know, it's a horrible wait, but I swear it will most definitely be worth it.

Anyways, that's why Pearl Authority will be on hiatus for a pretty long time since I'll be working on my AU! If you're interested in it because of the preview I gave you, I'll be posting updates on the writing process on my profile possibly every couple of months. But other than that, I don't really have anything else to say other than, uh.....

adios amigos

for now