Chapter 6: They're Gone.

"Whew! That was exhausting." Lava was panting heavily and on her knees. She shapeshifted back into her normal outfit, her Pride Ball dress now ruined.

She realized she was on Anemone, near where Gold and Rainbow were vacationing. She prayed that they knew nothing about this.

~~~

Grim got on a warp pad. "I have to get out of here. Anywhere will do." They activated the warp, arriving on Anemone. "Where am I? Hello?"

Lava drew her sword. "Who's there? I'll shatter you if you get near me!"

"D-Don't! I'm... I don't know who I am." Grim raised their hands in defeat.

"Oh, it's you." Lava put her sword back and entered her cutesy facade again. "Sorry about that! I was so scared you were Black or White."

"Well, I'm glad I'm not." Grim commented. "Where are we?"

"Not sure. But I'm pretty sure Rainbow and Gold Diamond Pearls are here vacationing."

"More Diamond Pearls?! I hope they aren't like Black..." Grim hugged themselves to comfort... themselves.

"Ya know... Those Diamond Pearls are like Black. They HATE fusions." Lava convinced Grim. "They think they should never EVER exist! It's tragic, really..."

"What? They- They do?" Grim questioned.

"They think that they, no, YOU are a malfunction. A problem in the system."

"A- A problem?! I haven't done anything but fuse!" Grim scoffed.

"It just makes your blood boil, right? I say we propose a plan to, hm, reason with them."

Grim let go of their self-hug with wide eyes. "You mean... You mean we can change their minds?"

"Mhm. And I have just the thing for it." Lava handed Grim a sword.

"Wait..." Grim almost stepped back, but their other half -- 'Who was it again?' -- denied any movement. "This is our only chance, Ace." They reluctantly took the sword by the hilt.

"Good. You're already done with half of the plan!" Lava gave Grim a thumbs-up. "You're doing great."

"What's next?" Grim asked, Ace finally on board.

"Now you must channel your anger, all your built-up repent, and unleash that onto Gold and Rainbow. Got it?" Lava told them.

"Onto... Onto Gold and Rainbow?" Grim looked down at the sword in their hand. "But... how will we find them?"

"Follow me." Lava took Grim's hand and led them to a nearby bush where Gold and Rainbow were. They were simply chatting while sitting under a tree.

"Mom seemed so happy." Gold said. "It's been a while since I've seen her like that."

"You're right." Rainbow replied. "I'm glad she's enjoying herself, especially after all that trouble with Bi-Color and the rebellion."

"Mom, can we go back home tomorrow?"

"If that's what you wish, then of course, Goldie."

"Strike in three... two... one." Lava pointed to the two Diamond Pearls, signaling Grim to attack.

Grim got up, completely silent, and raised their arms to attack. 'I don't know if I want to do this. They're happy! But... they hate people like me.' They whispered. "I'm sorry."

"Hm?" Rainbow turned and gasped as Grim quickly sliced through her body, poofing her.

"Mom...?" Gold looked up to see Grim. "AHH!" Gold backed away from them, but they quickly stabbed her in the stomach, poofing her as well.