Chapter 7

"Disappointment.
And all so familiar feeling
It coursed through me
Like a breeze of the sea
A mess,
Has been made of my heart.
A mess,
Has been made of my head.
I'm stuck
I want to leave
There are creepers that bind me
They don't let me escape
My hands are tied
My lips sealed
I want to shout
Voices echo in my head
Of them.
Them telling me,
I'm strong
I need to fight this.
But I'm tired.
I can't do this.
I want to swim into a sea of indifference
I want to escape this agony
To a world of nothingness
Calm,
Peaceful
And tranquil.
And maybe finally I will."
A tear adorned the page of the diary,as she completed her poem.
Poetry  has been her escape throughout the span of one year that she has spent in this mansion.A mansion so lavish and charming,capable of making one's eyes hurt with the richness it deciphers.Quite contrary to it's beauty,the residers of the mansion posses very ugly hearts. Ugly hearts that would never take pity on her condition.Ugly hearts that adorn her with bruises everyday.
Her fault?
Still unknown to her.
In this one year,all she has been gifted with were bruises and a never ending sea of depression.
At times,she wonders how would have her life turned out had she not been indebted to her aunt,Had she not been a people pleaser.All her life,a people pleaser was what she has always been.Selfless like no other.But she had always fought tooth and nail for her dignity.She didn't let anybody walk all over her.But now,indebted to her aunt she has failed infront of her own self for she couldn't protect her dignity.What angers her more is,had her parents been not dead she'd have to go through none of this.She'd have been a LAWYER! An independent lawyer,earning her own money,living her life on her own terms.
The husband,she has been so smitten by from the time they got engaged is nothing but an abuser. His repeated taunts,allegations of her being a cheater as he adorned her body with new bruises everyday has turned into a daily return for her. Abuse and daily routine,what an irony! Abuse and bruises is what has become of her life.
She tried. HECK,SHE FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL to prove the accusations thrown into her wrong.
Being forced to cut off all ties with the people from her 'previous' life,loneliness has become her companion. She remembers her friends gushing over how lucky she is to have been wedding off to a PRINCE! Even for her,it was like a dream come true. It is not everyday a girl from a middle class family gets wedded off to a prince. The same prince all the girls of the Jaipur had their eyes on.Oh little did she know,what her life would've become! If she were granted a chance,she'd trade her life for anything. There is no thrill or excitement left within her for thie royal life that she led now. All she wanted was to leave this hellhole. But she can't. She is bound with a sea of responsibilities. Hatred is a big word but her heart has been filled with nothing but hatred for her aunt.All her life she has treated her like one of her daughters but when it came to choosing between her or one of her daughters she chose her daughters. She is not surprised any mother would do that but even she was considered as one of her daughters. Yet,for the betterment of her other daughters she traded the daughter she didn't give birth to. People were right blood is thicker than water. She is angry at her for making her life hell.
Depressing thoughts have always surrounded her ever since the first day of this sham of a marriage.And as times passes by she can only wonder what her life would turn out to be like.