Chapter 5

> O V E R C O M I N G H E R S E L F<<
-P A D M I N I

_________________________________________

As he read the date 12th march The voice at the back of his mind again held him from reading it

As he read the date 12th march The voice at the back of his mind again held him from reading it.It didn't want him to go through that precious diary of hers for he knew it was wrong,wrong of him to read it

Sighing,he closed the diary with a thud.

He hopelessly wandered around the room taking notice of each and every thing present there.

He took notice of the holy thread that once bound them together,her nuptial chain. The moon's bright rays fell on it, causing it to twinkle like a star in the dark night sky.The thirteen carate diamond ring that once had itself wrapped arround her little ring finger.Now it lies on the adjacent table,with it's value lost somewhere.

A tear escape his eye, as he was taken back to their wedding night,the Dark night which was the first nail to her coffin. That not so fateful night. How he wished to make it disappear from his very lane of memory.

Wedding night,past

Laughters and teasings adorned the atmosphere of the room.Aniriddhi Sat on her new husband's bed. The room was decorated with flowers and fairy lights.
Her husband's cousins and aunts surrounded her teasing her about the events to take place in a snap of a few minutes now.

She had her head bowed down blushing as they continued teasing her. Her cheeks resembled a crimson colour of red.

"Bhabhi..... bhai for sure will be whipped today"
teased her sister in law,Rajkumari Padmini kumari with a knowing smile.

Heat reached her cheeks as she sinked what Padmini said.

The women present in the room,dressed in designer lehengas and expensive jwelleries broke out laughing.

"My My.... look at her,blushing" gushed another cousin of Abhimaan.

"okay... enough! enough! Now let's depart from here.Let her take some rest she must have been tired."said maasi ji(aunt) to all of them.

"Maasi...... ji....." Padmini trailed more than necessary with a teasing smile.
"or do you mean that she Will be tired post the wedding night?"

"Padmini!!" A thunderingly cold voice broke the peaceful atmosphere down.
The intimidating woman,Indrani Devi singh Rathore with a stern face and a spine-chilling aura held everyone's gaze.

"You better watch your words,Padmini.
Stop being so reckless,everytime. You need to learn some manners." Indrani's voice boomed in the air.