Confusion and Catboys

kenma x gn! artist! reader
warnings: mention of biting in literally the last line

Tired. Kenma felt tired. Between dealing with his friends' antics and trying to not fail exams, Kenma had no energy left. He'd been so busy he barely had time to play his video game, let alone spend time with you.

You and Kenma had been dating for 3 months, but exams had been so time consuming that there hadn't been any time for dates. Which is why he was looking forward to you coming over. What better way to relax than spend time with 2 of his favourite things: his games and his s/o. He was looking forward to catching up with Y/n, so why were you sitting in silence?

To be fair, he hadn't said much besides his usual greeting when you entered his room. So now here they were; Y/n sitting with some book on Kenma's bed while Kenma was hunched over as he completed his quest.

Thoughts swirled in his head: "Were they upset with him for not spending more time with them? Were they not happy in the relationship anymore?" Kenma swallowed at the thought. What if you wanted to break up?

"Well sitting in silence isn't gonna do anything," Kenma thought to himself. "Hey," he called out waiting for a response.

When he was met with silence, he paused his game and turned around. Repeating himself, louder this time, "Hey, Y/n?"

You didn't even look up. Kenma squinted as he realised that you were drawing in his dark room. Huffing to himself, Kenma crept across the room.

You were so engrossed in you drawing that you didn't notice him approaching you. Didn't notice him sit down next to you and lean closer to you. Didn't notice the glimmer in his eyes as they glazed over your work.

"Is that me?" You let out a noise that resembled a strangled turkey as you quickly moved to shut your sketchbook. "Did you need something?" you ask awkwardly, trying to change the subject. Kenma simply nods towards your now closed sketchbook.

"Can I see?"

You hesitate before nodding stiffly, a guilty expression painting your features. Desperate to explain yourself, you stammered over your words.

"Sorry if it's creepy! I wasn't trying to be weird or anything, I just- We've both been so busy and I missed spending time with you! I was just doodling a face one day when it turned into you. One thing led to another and-" you gesture towards the book, "It's filled with you."

Silence fills the room as Kenma flips through the book. His face mimicking the expression he makes when he buys a new game. For a moment you're lost in his delicate features, until a snort breaks the silence.

"Are these cat ears?" You glance at the drawing in question, a smile creeping onto your lips. "What can I say? You have big catboy energy."

Kenma hums, a soft smile on his face as he shakes his head. "And here I thought you were mad at me." "Wha- why?" "You weren't talking to me."

The gamer stretches across the bed, giving off a cat like energy, as he let's out a yawn. "Aww, is the kitty sleepy?" "Shut up," is all he says before you're being pulled down onto the bed by him. "Wanna sleep?" he asks softly, as if he was halfway in dreamland already. "Sure, I could go for a cat nap."

Kenma bites you.