Chapter Four - Moon's Claw's Destiny

Moon's Claw watched in horror as the ground rushed up to meet her. My friends! I can't die yet, I haven't found them! She felt the cold, stone ground meet her paws, legs, body, and then her head. The pain was unbearable, and then nothing. She looked around through her icy eyes and saw dark figures. A jolt of joy, followed by confusion and disappointment, rushed through her. These were cats, but she didn't know them. Cats? The sky above her was very obviously split: one side had a beautiful starry sky and lush trees, while the other had no sky at all and she could sense hostile stares. Where am I? Moon's Claw only had a heartbeat to wonder about where she stood before everything faded to nothing.

***

Time passed, and Moon's Claw saw no cat, friendly or hostile. That is, until a figure approached her. It was a cat, a white-and-tortoiseshell cat.

"Moon's Claw," the she-cat meowed. "That was not your destiny, falling in the mountains. There was a reason you stayed behind, but you were never to follow the other cats. You have a destiny far away from the lake and the mountain. Farther than the forest beyond, and even farther still beyond the river and gorge."

The black-and-white she-cat tilted her head in confusion, and the other cat continued. "The moon has fallen to stone, and shall rise under the starless night. It will forget its failure in order to succeed against the starless night it rose from."

Moon's Claw watched the she-cat. "What does this mean? Who are you? Where am I?" she looks around, but recognizes nothing.

"You will see, Moonclaw." Moonclaw? "I am Lilystorm, and you will see me again very soon, though you will not remember me or your old Clanmates, and we are in StarClan. Tribe of Endless Hunting be with you, Moonclaw."

With that, Moon's Claw was plunged back into nothingness for what felt like an eternity.