Revelation

Night had fallen over Bangna its walls tall and silent as the courtyard filled with hundreds upon hundreds of people carrying lit candles in their hands lighting up the entire caste in a halo of light. Mourning the unexpected death of their king, they all stood in silence as more and more children went up to the front and left their candles and flowers on the main stairs. The king's body was already prepared hours prior as per tradition. It took everything for Earth not to break down at the sight of his father floating past him downstream on a bed of flowers on his red cape, a sword clasped to his cold dead hands. He wasn't the best father, but he stood between Earth and the immense responsibility that is Bangna. He bowed once towards the ground before signalling to the others to start the final salute, a rain of lit-up arrows was fired catching onto the cape the King lay on, lighting it and engulfing it in flames as the river current continued downstream. It was done, the king was no more and tomorrow marked the new reign of Bangna after the prince spent an entire night of mourning. His crowning occurs in the morning.

Earth dreaded every single second wishing for this to be not his fate yet, but it was. He had to take care of his people now and make sure that his rule was just and fit becoming of a king. Janhae did not attend the king's funeral the pain was too deep she said and so she chose to mourn in solitude instead. Donned in a white cloak Earth stood on his knees in front of his father's throne, he had an entire night like this in order to show respect to the late king and also for the right passing of the crown. This was his time to grieve alone without eyes on him and Earth took full advantage finally succumbing to all that he had been hiding and keeping to himself, this was his night of vulnerability as tomorrow he needed to come out of that room a new man, a king.

Mix stood resting against the door, the sun rays filtering through the opposite window waking him up. His back was aching as he had slept with his body twisted unable to remain awake the entire night to wait for Earth. He should be finishing soon Mix thought as he got up and continued to wait, this time out of the door's way in case it suddenly opened. The door that he had slept against opened slowly then, Earth coming through clearly exhausted having not gotten any sleep, he was surprised to find Mix waiting for him the latter explaining that he didn't want him to be alone even if he couldn't enter the room with him. Mix had waited for him all night causing Earth to be completely astonished, he must have slept on the floor not the most ideal place for rest, all because he didn't want him to do this alone in his own way. If he had no one to turn to or confide to at least he always had Mix, he embraced the man immediately causing Mix to let out a gasp of surprise as Earth embraced him tightly, and from the looks of it unwilling to let go of him soon. Mix's arms came up to graze against Earth's back trying his best to comfort him, he knew that things were going to get even harder from today. "Stay with me" Earth whispered into Mix's shoulder, "No matter what as long as you stay with me I will be fine" the prince continued. Mix had to break the space between Earth then, he wanted to say the next words while looking at him so that the prince knows just how much Mix feels and how grateful he is to stand by Earth's side. "I will, I promise to help you Earth and to be by your side through all of this," he said determinedly looking up at Earth's eyes and unwilling to break their eye contact. He saw Earth's slight smile; it was still laced with sadness and grief but Mix instantly felt better when he saw it.
The crown felt heavier than it looked both physically and metaphorically as his uncle came all the way from his own city to crown his nephew as king of Bangna. The entire court officials were present as well as a select few of the inhabiting people but Earth had only eyes for one person as the crowd erupted into applause and cheer hailing their new king. Mix stood at the far back, but Earth still saw him clapping the loudest and cheering as well giving Earth the biggest smile he could muster. This was why Earth needed Mix, he encouraged him and made him feel even more capable instilling confidence in him to be successful. The weight of the kingdom felt less when Mix was beside him. He met him much later after Earth now officially the king had to conduct a private meeting with the court officials, his work starting immediately. Being King did not just involve having a title but also having to come up with endless strategies, new reinforcements, dealing with any problem his people had and most importantly ensuring that his kingdom was safe. He was already exhausted from just the first day, his night of no sleep catching up to him. He technically could occupy his father's rooms now as king, but Earth felt that he would never be ready, that was his father's space, and the wound was still fresh. He didn't want to see every single detail of those rooms reminding him of his death. He made his way to his room hoping that a certain someone was waiting for him only to find his uncle in front of his door with a pair of guards. "Uncle has something happened?" Earth asked as soon as possible. His uncle sighed "As not only my nephew but now the king you need to be guarded at all times, we can't risk it, especially when it has been a day and already a man has tried to get into your rooms!". He must have been referring to Mix Earth thought, as by now it was a second habit for Mix to just enter his room, the prince always leaving it unlocked for him, "I assure you uncle. The man you saw must have been my personal physician, he has permission to enter my rooms".