Screw That.

Jonathan and I were in a field, far away from Will's Wake which we were meant to be at, with a pack of coke cans and a gun. I was surprisingly okay at shooting the cans, while my twin didn't share the same luck. Jonathan hadn't hit one can yet and we had been here for a hour. "I don't think bullets will even be able to kill this thing." I told him as he missed yet another shot.

"Well, it's worth a shot." He huffed, handing the gun over to me. I tried to position my feet in whatever way felt right, aimed, and pulled the trigger. I heard the pop of the empty coke can and smiled in pride. I handed the gun back over to him and he tried to take a shot at the can, but failed again.

"You know your supposed to hit the can, right?" Nancy asked, walking towards us. "I've been trying to tell him that." I smirked, enjoying mocking my brother. "No, actually, you see the spaces in between the cans? I'm trying to hit those, so Avril can hit the cans." He explained to Nancy as she dropped the bat she brought with her on the ground.

My weapon of choice was the light axe that my mom ripped into our wall with. I thought it would be best for like cutting of the demons arms and head thing and legs. Hopefully the limbs won't re grow.

"You ever shot a gun before?" Jonathan asked her, making it sound a lot more casual than it is. "Have you met my parents?" She scoffed, and Jonathan chuckled lightly. "Yeah, we haven't shot one since we were ten." Jonathan told her, as he re loaded the gun.

"Yeah, our dad took us hunting on our big 'double digits' birthday." I added, shaking my head. "He made me kill a rabbit." Jonathan said, still sounding sad about it. I can still here him crying in his bedroom afterwards to himself. He will probably never forget that rabbit. I didn't have to kill anything, thank god.

"I guess he thought it would make me more of a man or something." Jonathan said, sitting down on the log, in between Nancy and I. "I cried for a week." He admitted, making me lightly laugh. "Jesus." Nancy mumbled under her breath. "He was just a big fan of thumper." I joked, trying to lighten the mood. Nancy laughed along for a second. "I meant your dad." She turned, looking at both of us with pity.

"Yeah, I guess he and my mother loved each other at one point, but..we weren't around for that part." Jonathan opened up, while I played with my thumbs. Not really wanting to open up about my family to Nancy wheeler.

Nancy stuck her hand out for the gun and Jonathan gave it to her and explained what to do.
"I don't think my parents ever loved each other." Nancy said as she held the gun in her hand. "They must've married for some reason." Jonathan said, looking down at Nancy, who was starting at the can. "My mom was young. My dad was older, but he had a cushy job, money, came from a good family. So they bought a nice house at the end of the cul de sac and started their nuclear family." Nancy told us, now holding up the gun at the can with extreme concentration.

"Screw that." I shook my head, as she agreed with me. "Yeah, screw that." She shot the gun and hit the can, blasting it off of the tree stump it was on.

"You never said what I was saying." Nancy said as we walked through the woods with our weapons in hand. "What?" Jonathan and I both asked at the same time, confused. "Yesterday." Nancy didn't really explain what and I was still left confused even though Jonathan seemed to understand now. "You said I was saying something and that's why you took my picture." Nancy continued, as I stayed completely lost.

"What?" I asked again, as we walked on the autumn leaves. "It's nothing." Jonathan snapped at me, making me go quiet. "And Nancy, uh, I don't know." He softened his tone on Nancy. "I guess.. I saw this girl, you know, trying to be someone else. But for that moment, it was like you were alone, or you thought you were. And you know, you could just be yourself." Jonathan said, as I tried to think of what they could be talking about.

"That is such bullshit." Nancy announced, sounding pissed and walking ahead. "What?" Jonathan asked, as we all stopped walking and faced each other. "Can someone please tell me what the fuck is going on right now!" I shouted, annoyed of being left out.

"You want to know what we are talking about, Avril? I'm surprised you don't know already. I thought Steve would've told you, since you always seem to be sneaking off with him!" Nancy huffed making dramatic arm expressions. "Your stalker brother took pictures of me naked in Steve's bedroom from Steve's back garden." Nancy stated, glaring at Jonathan and I.

"What-" I stuttered but was cut off by Nancy. "And I am not trying to be someone else. Just because I'm dating Steve and you don't like him" Nancy said, taking a step towards Jonathan. "You know what? Forget it. I just thought I was a good picture." Jonathan walked passed Nancy, with me slowly following behind him and Nancy after me.

"He's actually a good guy." Nancy said, catching up with Jonathan and I. "Okay." Jonathan stammered from beside me. "Yesterday, with the camera..He's not like that at all." Nancy got in-front of us, trying to get us to stop walking.

"Wait what happened yesterday with your camera?" I asked, hoping that Steve didn't do anything bad to Jonathan's camera. "Oh, nothing. He just broke my camera." Jonathan said quietly, looking down at his feet. "He what? That asshole!" I huffed, knowing how long it took to save for that camera.

"He was just being protective." Nancy said in Steve's defense, making both Jonathan and I scoff. "Yeah, that's one word for it." Jonathan said, walking past Nancy. "Oh, and I guess what you did was okay?" Nancy asked, trailing behind us.

"No, I...I never said that." Jonathan didn't look back at Nancy as he talked. "He had every right to be pissed." Nancy continued. "Okay, all right. Does that mean I have to like him?" Jonathan asked, turning around to face Nancy, who just replied with a quiet "no."

"Listen, don't take it so personally, okay? I don't like most people. He's in the vast majority." Jonathan said, turning around to walk away again before Nancy continued.

"You know, I was actually starting to think you guys were okay." She said, making me wonder what I did to be dragged into this. "Yeah?" Jonathan asked, turning around to face her again.

"Yeah, I was thinking, Jonathan Byers, maybe he's not the pretentious creep everyone says he is. " She said, making something in me get mad. "You-" I was about to go off screaming at her, but Jonathan put his hand on my shoulder which told me that he can fight his own fights.

"Well, I was just starting to think you were okay. I was thinking, Nancy Wheeler, she's not another suburban girl who thinks she's rebelling by doing exactly what every other suburban girl does until that phase passed and they marry some boring one-time jock who now works sales, and they live out a perfectly boring little life at the end of a cul de sac. Exactly like their parents, who they thought were so depressing, but now, hey, they get it." Jonathan scoffed as we walked away past Nancy, who just stood there.

(This chapter Kinda boring sorry!)