LUNA

I have to admit, the snake is a good cook. The steak was delicious, cooked perfectly medium-rare. He also took care of me well. Um, kind of. I guess I fell asleep on the floor, but when I woke up, I was tucked in his coils. I'm not even ashamed to admit this: his scales were rather comfortable. They were cool compared to the hot summer air, rather soft compared to the stone floor. I rubber my eyes and groggily pushed my hair away from my face. I sat up.

 I didn't feel as angry as the day before that he had kidnapped me. He did take care of me, he made sure I was comfortable. I cared about me. He gave me food and water, and didn't treat me like a prisoner. I willed myself to turn into a fly. Shit. Hell, no. I shook my fly head and tried to walk, but I wasn't used to having six legs. Also, my eyesight as a fly was bad AF. I couldn't see anything. Ugh. disoriented, I became a fish, then a scorpion, and finally a snake. Truthfully, I felt more accustomed to no limbs instead of six. I double checked whether Mr. Kidnapped me was awake from my struggle. He wasn't. His tongue continued to flick in and out rhythmically without missing a beat. I forced myself to become a small sparrow. 

I somehow knew how to fly but not move six legs???  I flew up slowly. 

Suddenly, the snake's eyes snapped open. He opened his mouth to strike-

I shifted. Again. I fell straight onto the floor as a snake and ended on my head, hair in my eyes, upside down in human form. I got myself upright and scrambled backwards. "PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!" I yelped in alarm. "I apologize for interrupting your beauty sleep!"

I peeled an eye open. The snake wasn't there anymore. Instead, there was a man with long, vibrantly red colored hair in nothing but black sweatpants. He had four red red slashes along his neck. I touched my own neck. I felt with my finger tips the shape of three long scar like strips. I had them too. I could feel faintly a fourth one. 

"I'm not gonna eat you if that's what you're worrying about. Stop scratching your neck. You're bleeding," he told me. I touched my neck gently. I felt something wet. Oops. I guess I really did break through skin. Hahaha...? oops. Oh well. It'll heal. I'll live.

"My name is Curtis. I'm sorry for kidnapping you. Please forgive me," Curtis said as he took a step forwards. I walked forwards, the distance between us closing. I stretched my hands out in a sign of peace. 

"Deal. As long as you don't harm me, then we can get along," I said. He took my hand, shook it, and nodded.

"You got yourself a deal then, Moon."

_________

HI PEOPLE!! I truly apologize for disappearing for so long! I had to finish my last semester, apply for a new school, because the last one's middle school was just too terrible. I will be leaving for Switzerland on the 25th, (I hope I'll be able to meet Roger Federer) and I was on hiatus. Thank you for understanding (hopefully) and I wish you a nice- 

Wait. I need to continue talking. So, the updates will be slightly inconsistent because I also have to do school now so things will be harder for me. Now I wish you a good rest of the day. 

BYE BYE!!! 

~Luna 😉