❄ Chapter 5 ❄

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all made it to one of the four winds temples. Me and Paimon just stared at the entrance, while Kaeya surveyed the area.

Y/n: 'So this is the temple. I honestly thought it would be much bigger... Then again we haven't went inside yet.'

I took a deep inhale of the air and noticed something off about it. The scent was strong. So strong that it burning my nostrils and my throat, leaving me in a coughing fit.

Kaeya and Paimon turned to me.

Paimon: "Are you okay Y/n?"

Y/n: " *cough* Y-yeah, I'm fine."

Kaeya: "You smell it too, don't you? Something must have happened in the temple. I imagine there will be slimes, hilichurls, and... whatever is giving Stormterror extra power."

Kaeya: "Oh yes, it's going to be very lively in there indeed."

Y/n: "Well I can't disagree that there might be mob of all sorts of creatures inside."

Kaeya: "Oh, ho-ho! Quite the brave one, aren't you!"

I cross my arms feeling a little offended by what he said.

Y/n: "What!? You expect me to be scared of this? I just fought a dragon, if that's not bravery then you definitely need your eye checked."

He chuckled at my statement.

Kaeya: "Fair point. Let's head in. No one makes offerings to The Four Winds anymore, yet the old winds never vanish... We need to clear out the temples, for The Four Winds."

My brows furrowed and I nodded. I pulled out the book as we all went inside the temple of the Wolf.

Inside the Temple of the Wolf

Paimon: "Wow this place is so much bigger on the inside."

I wasn't really paying attention to Paimon. I opened my catalyst book and I noticed that there were a few useful spells in here, but as I skimmed through it half of the pages are blank. I just hummed and closed the book.

Kaeya: "Let me show you how the Knights of Favonious conquer our adversaries!" He turns to me. "Why don't you test out that book out now that we're here."

Kaeya was the first to go further inside and we followed. Paimon floated next to me eyeing my book.

Paimon: "By the way. What's inside it anyway?"

Y/n: "Apparently some of them are different kinds of spells."

She started to get even more curious about it. I could even see stars in her eyes.

Paimon: "Ohh, what kind!?"

I could only give her a blank stare.