❄️ Chapter 7 ❄️

(Starting here I'm going to be writing like this instead of like a script.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed Lisa as we search for her missing books. As we walked through the central city I tried to figure out the scribbles on the pages of my book. "Mind telling me what you're reading?" Lisa said. "My catalyst, I've never seen this type of language before... Even Paimon doesn't know." Suddenly I had an idea. Lisa is a librarian so she might know what this says. I turn to her. "After we finish this situation, can you look at this and try to decipher it?"

Lisa placed her her index finger on her chin and smiled. "Alright, but I don't do things for free you know. You have to do something for me in return."

I raised a brow suspiciously. "O..kay? Like what?" She let's out a flirty chuckle. "Ah, here's our first stop." We stopped at some shop. A young woman was standing by the doorway. 'She must be one of the people she's targeting.' "Excuse me, we-"

"Hello Marjorie, any exciting new items in stock?" Lisa asked the owner.

"Eh!?"

Lisa noticed my shocked expression. "Hm? Why are you so surprised? Today is such a special day, it's only natural that I'd want a souvenir to remember it by."

'Does she not want to bring it up yet? Well I guess I should play along until she... WAIT!' I finally processed what she said with a flushed face. "Is this now a date?" "Ooh is that how you see it? I suppose there's nothing wrong with that..." She gently pats my head. "At your age these kinds of fleeting fantasies are normal."

"Oh come on, I don't fantasize... That much! Don't call me out like that!" I pouted, swating her hand away, causing a little sting to flow through the back of my hand. Lisa chuckled.

The owner of the store, Marjorie, chuckled as well from this interaction. "Well, if it's a souvenir you're after, you're in the right place. I'm sure you'll find something that strikes your fancy, Lisa. Or you could let your new friend pick something out for you... make it more of an occasion?"

"Hmm, how about you pick there's too many for me to choose from." Lisa said. "Uh.. okay?" I take a moment to look through each option. The ones that were in stock are Bloomers, a ragged old scroll, a... interesting Voodoo doll, and a rusty sword. I hummed while tapping the back of my heel. 'Hmm... aside from being a librarian, Lisa seems like the type to be into anything that involves history. So maybe...'

"Can you tell me more about the scroll?" I asked the owner. "This is a historical relic retrieved from ruins by one of the Adventures' Guild. Sure, there's a bit of wear and tear, but this thing in the painting must be well over a thousand years old... thought it doesn't make much sense to me." She explained.

'I'm not much of a history person, but it does sound interesting.'

(If you are, then ignore this. Can't relate tho, I'm more of a math person.)

I looked over to Lisa. It was a low whisper so I couldn't exactly hear what she was saying, but I can tell by her body language that she seems to be at least a bit interested. I turn back to Marjorie. "I'd like the ragged old scroll as a souvenir, please."

"Of course, excellent choice."
Lisa was out of her tranced state. "Ara ara, you cleary know a treasure when you see it. This is a work of unparalleled significance for the treasure of ancient people's understanding of elements. I will gladly accept it."

"Well, I'm glad you like it." I smiled.

"Oh goodness, is that the time? Marjorie, on last thing. About "The Legend of Vennessa-"