Japan(26)

~Mia~

To be honest, I was scared about entering junior high.

Who wouldn't be, a new place and new people?

I wasn't used to wearing a hijab but entering my new phase of life kinda braced me for it.

With some low-cost K-drama (Ann calls it that) and the Covid-19 outbreak, I graduated from high school.

A month before Ann began her University life, I began mine.

Trixie went to Japan to continue her studies.

It was on my second-semester break, and I had saved enough to go on a Holiday, so I decided to go visit Trixie and maybe also get a tattoo.

We were in the middle of Tokyo.

Jumping from one store to another.

I was texting Miyaze.

Trixie found a tattoo shop hidden in an alley.

Was it coincidence or some crazy law of attraction?

I saw a man in that dark alleyway standing underneath the neon signboard smoking an e-vape.

His sleeves rolled up exposing his tattooed arm, he had a few rings shining on his fingers.

I felt the wind blow at my nape, he must have felt the wind.

Our eyes met.

Trixie called out for me.

I turned to see her.

We went to the tattoo studio.

I got my first tattoo underneath my boobs...

A year and 4 months later, Miyaze broke up with me.

He quoted out philosophy.

"Some love affairs don't last long but their memories last an eternity because they are beautiful."

Our relationship was beautiful.

He helps me accept my mother's hysterical personality as a part of her.

He helped my mother see through me.

He got along great with my mother.

My mother had a boyfriend and then got married to that man as his second wife and then divorced him after 6 months.

Muslim men can marry up to 4 wives if they can support them from the financial and sexual aspects.

They don't even really need the wife's permission to marry another woman.

I introduced Miyaze to my dad.

Miyaze introduced me to his mother.

I guess our histories were alike.

Like he said some love stories don't last long but that doesn't mean they should not have happened.