Chapter Nine

WARNING.

Aiden's words could be disturbing, or alarming.

Aiden bent a little, with his hands on his knees checking the kids one by one. His eyes landed on Paris who is looking at him with such disgust.

The angelic face of Paris, with her hair as dark as dark coffee, eyes like a soil and her rosy cheeks that turns red because of anger; Aiden was fascinated.

He then shifted his eyes on Florence. Another one with a smooth delicate face, monolid eyes, black hair, and his cheeks has a mark of two sweet dimples on the side.

Despite how cute the young boy’s face is; Aiden can easily tell how tricky it is. Florence eyes were deep as an ocean that no one can conquer what does pair of dreamy eyes means.

“You both exactly looks like him.” He said to the twins with a smile, eyes are still darted on them. “You look like Pete.”

“Phi!” Mag interrupted, taking Aiden’s attention to him. “It will be weird if they look like my father or Uncle Kim. Don’t you have any common sense?”

“I am not talking to you, young man.”

“But I am.” Mag speaks to him. He raised his eyebrows, challenging Aiden. “Do you have a crush to Uncle Pete?”

Aiden shrugged. “Crush? Let’s say… he smells nice like vanilla or a fresh warm scent like the ocean breeze.”

“I thought ocean smells like fish.” Caleb commented that made Aiden stop talking. “Does he smells like fish? Phi! Do you like seafood?”

Aiden almost forgot breathing as he held his breath. He cannot believe what this kids have been saying all along. They are not even taking him seriously and blocking him with their ridiculous ideas. He gathers all his patience and went near to Paris.

“You have the same face shape, the same pointed nose and cheeks.” Aiden said and held Paris’ cheeks.

Paris moves her head away, making her long hair disheveled but Aiden was too strong. Paris felt pain on both of her cheeks but she stares deeply to Aiden with anger.

Aiden proceeds to Florence whom he never senses any worries or panic. Florence is just staring blankly in front, not throwing any attention on him.

“It’s fascinating to see two versions of him.” Aiden said. “I always wonder how it feels like to be so close to Pete.”

“Crazy!” Cygnus shouted who had the guts to talk back. “Don’t you find yourself creepy?!”

“So he really does likes Uncle Pete.” Mag said upon realizing. “You kidnap us to help you court him?”

“That’s a bad idea, Phi.” Caleb added. “He is married already. It’s a sin you know.”

Aiden pulls out the handkerchief that Pete owns together with a polaroid photo that he printed himself. Since Paris and Florence are tied up next to each other, he let the two kids see the picture he is holding.

Aiden smiled and waved the photo in front of the twins. It was their family photo. They were all walking happily in a park after they had their small picnic.

“What…what is…that?” Paris eyes grew wide when she saw that their faces except to Pete were crossed out badly that the papers were almost destroyed.