Chapter 2~Make yourself at home

I awoke my breaths shallow, my body a cold sweaty mess. My heart pounded quickly as I shot up from my sleep "N-no don't hurt me" I cried. My surroundings still the same as I noticed before, the walls still a cream white with golden patterns and the fire still a beautiful flickering furnace of flames.

I sighed getting out of bed, the cool pine against my feet was a calming wake up call to my body. I stumbled over to Alcina's over-sized mirror in the corner of her bed chambers, my yawn interrupting my train of thought as I peered into my reflection. Before me stood a pale pasty face, baggy eyed, disease ridden gremlin. My skin was whiter than snow, heavy , dark bags clung beneath my eyes, thick sweat beads slide from under my hairline. My temperature was freezing cold as if I had been swimming in a pool of Ice cubes. My body hunched over in a horrible way, shallow breaths emitted from my lungs as my hands shook and my teeth clattered, meanwhile my armpits were a whole different matter, they were boggy, humid and smelly.

"I'm so glad Alcina won't see me in my this state, she'll think I'm an absolute tramp" I chuckled softly "A good posture is everything you know, draga mea" Alcinas voice rang out behind me, her voice was a sweet, welcoming tone almost motherly. I jumped "Ah! The Lady Dimitrescu! When did you get here- better question when did I get here?" I asked, having no recollection of the night prior "You came to me in aid of hospitality and catering, I delivered and here we are" she chuckled "You still haven't changed into some fresh clothes dear, you do want to get better don't you?" Alcina asked rhetorically

I coughed, my throat was a desert as I lay back down in Alcina's bed, the silk sheets and heavy blanket creating a perfect temperature for my confused body. "Comfy there, draga mea?" Alcina chuckled again, "Mhmm, I am quite thirsty though m'am" and with that Alcina stood, walking towards her chamber doors to get a glass of water. She returned moments later with a glass almost the same size as her as she placed it down with a red, curly drinking straw "This enough?" A giggle rattled through her throat as she sat down on the bed taking out a white little device and placing it into my mouth.

"11o degrees my darling, my poor, injured little dove"Alcina pulled the thermometer out of my mouth and sighed placing a soft warm kiss on my forehead that had now ran cold "Would you like me to read to you?" I nodded wanting more of her company and her time "Okay dear, let me just go and find a book to read to you, would you like some tea too??" She asked about to leave the room "yes please mistress" My voice scratched out "N'aww okay love" Alcina left with a smile closing the door.