Chapter 4/ •The Question•

"I feel like your the right person, and I feel something special when I talk with you." Jackson continues. "And I just wanted to ask you..." he nervously scratches the back of his head. "Will you help me get with Paige?"
The question hit me like a million bricks. The pounding in my heart faded, and the smile wore off my face.
"Nai? Are you okay...?"
"Yeah- uhm... I'm okay."
"So... what do you say?" Jackson's eyes stare deep into mine, and I know that what I'm about to say is the only right answer.
"Fine. But are you sure you want this? Do you want to risk a relationship with another member?" I felt like a hypocrite saying this, but maybe Jackson would rethink his decisions...

////////

"C'mon you guys! We don't have all night!" Everyone is yelling at us from inside the vehicles.
"I'm sure." I get deja vu hearing his response out of nowhere. "Now let's go." He pats me on the back before jogging over to his car.

I stand in silence replaying the scene in my head. I feel my eyes growing wider and my chin starts quivering. I feel a hand on my shoulder making me jump.
"Nai, what's going on..." Ace's words sound sincere, and his eyes look deep into mine.
"I'm fine, it's nothing" I reply, quickly walking over to the car without another word.

///////////

I'm untying my laces when I hear footsteps outside my door.
"Hey Naomi, you in there?" I recognize Aces voice and get up to open the door.
"Can we talk?" He asks right before walking in.
"Oh- I guess so" I say slowly closing the door. He sits down on my bed and watches me walk across the room.
"What you want to talk about?" I ask while I take off my shoe.
"You." The answer was so stern and short. He obviously had something to say. "Something has been up lately. Whenever your near Jack, or whenever you speak to him. It's like you zone out and get frustrated." I stop unlacing my other shoe and freeze. "I know what's happening. You like Jack don't you?" I stay frozen, trying to think of an excuse.
"No- I don't like Jack. Pshhhhhh" I try my best to convince him but he isn't taking any bullshit.
"Nai."
"Okay fine. I love Jack as a friend, and do I maybe have growing feelings that are tearing me down and wearing me out every time I realize he's not interested in me? Every time my heart aches and every time my mind tells me I'm not good enough. Am I maybe just searching for someone to love as my own, MAYBE!!! But it's not hurting anyone besides me so I don't see what the big problem is!" My breath is heavy and my lungs are out of air. I close my eyes in regret and slump against the wall before sliding down to the floor.
"Nai..."

/////////