II

Sitting in the car, all I do is stare out the window. A mixture of emotions within.

"Don't you have anything to say?" Jude looks at the road but he can tell I'm conflicted. He's always been very receptive to peoples emotions. "Hi jUdE HoW ArE YoU? HoWs EvEryThInG?" He says in his whiny 'girl voice'

"How is everything?" I ask.

"Fine, the crowning ceremonies for the Alpha's, Beta's and Gamma's are coming up."

"I thought they waited until the Luna is crowned to do that?"

"Uncle J wants to get it over with, he made the twins go on some tour to find their mates and if that doesn't work he's got a match lined up for them. It's kinda sad, it seems like they don't even want to find their mates. Plus the match Uncle J set for them is...urghhh." He shivers in displeasure.

"Who is it?"

"He's got Courtney lined up for Raph and some daughter of some other Alpha for Adam."

"Courtney really?"

"Whats wrong with Courtney?" He asks.

"She's just a bit... horrible and mean."

"Raph doesn't seem to think so."

"What makes you say that?"

"He's already got her doing some Luna duties, and between you and me, I think he's hitting it on the DL."

"Gross Jude...gross."

Momentary silence filled the car.

"What about you? Close to finding your mate yet?."

Jude was too quiet and began fidgeting in his seat.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about that. I found her a while ago. I didn't want to tell you because I thought you'd want to meet her but I didn't want you to leave uni and she's being initiated so she can't leave the pack right now so it seemed like not telling you was the right decision but looking at your face it seems like it was a stupid one."

"It was. You should've told me!"

"There's something else too."

"What now, is Stella mated too? Do 8 year olds have mates now?"

"She's pregnant."

"Stella's pregnant!!!"

"No Stella's not pregnant dumbass, my mate is!"

"What? How long did you wait to tell me?"

"I met her a year ago, we were touring another pack looking for the alpha's mates."

"A year! You waited a year to tell me!"

Honestly, I was happy for Jude. He always wanted a mate and a family.

'Pull over," I say.

"What no, why?"

"I can't just show up after a year with no gift for the pregnant lady! Are you even still living at home?"

"Nah I split my time between the pack house and Jessica's house. Her grandma's sick so we can't leave her alone for too long."

"You're taking me home right?"

"No I'm killing you in the woods and ditching you in the lake so the eels can have you."

I laugh lowly "Ha.... You're joking right?"

"No..." he takes his eyes off the road and looks at me sinisterly.

"Stop it. You're freaking me out stop it." I smack his face towards the road.

"Hey I'm driving here."

"I don't want to listen to you anymore, you're scaring me."

I turn on the radio in hopes we can listen to the radio for the rest of the journey. My mind goes back to what Jude said earlier. Raphael and Courtney. The idea repulsed me to my core, but I guess everyone feels that way about her. The idea of her being the Luna gives me stomach pain and nausea.

"Pull over."

"What why."

"Just do it NOW."

Jude pulls into the breakdown lane and I swing the door open and hurl. Vomit spewing out of me, nerves falling out like a waterfall. I hear Jude's commentary sounds in the background and I roll my eyes. He walks round and hands me a tissue.

"You okay?"

"Fine." I wipe my mouth and grab my water from the car to rinse my mouth.

"You gotta stop with the day drinking sis."

"Shut up ass."

3 hours into the journey we decided to pull over into the local services. I tried racking my brain for a good present to buy from WHSmith but I landed on a cute stuffed wolf and some flowers. I also picked up some chocolate because you can't go wrong with chocolate but the expenses made my bank account dangerously low, I wasn't too worried though as I'd smuggled the leftover booze from my apartment into my suitcase after all, what else do I need money for?

Jude spotted me from across the building and came over.

"You look different."

"So do you, you really grew into the Beta stereotype."

"Beta stereotype."

"Yeah y'know." I attempt a character who resembled Lenny from Of Mice and Men, big, strong, dumb and overly enthusiastic about rabbits.

"I don't know what you think you're doing but you look dumb."

"How do I look different?"

"You're hairs longer...I don't know I think you just grew into a women."

"It's crazy that we're both proper adults now. You're gonna have a kid soon!"

"Wow, I'm gonna be a dad soon." Jude's face drops like it only just hit him now that he actually has a baby on the way. "What the hell am I gonna do Reine, I'm poor, I have no money, I live with 2 other dudes."

"Goddess, pull your self together man."

I walk back towards the car giving him a minute to compose himself but I chuckle inwardly. It's moments like these where I kinda feel bad for our sister Stella, she's so much younger than us so she'll never be able to have the same kind of relationship Jude and I have as by the time she's an adult, we'll all be busy with our own families. Jude is easily my best friend but I wonder if things will be different now he has a mate. I can't exactly go out partying with a soon-to-be father and his pregnant mate...although...no no I can't.

We start driving again with another two hours to go hoping to make it home in time for dinner.