XII

After a frantic search through my things and a very embarrassing conversation with my mother about a 'personal massager' that Stella came across (thinking about it makes me shudder so I ended up throwing it away, it was only an old one) time passed quickly and it was almost 6, just over an hour before my date with Adam. I frantically jumped into the shower and turned the water to cold, the heat of my body craved the cold. The cold water ran down my face in droplets stinging my eyes. The soapy suds falling down my back as I rinsed my body in the large, spacious shower, muscles tensing at every contact the icy water had with my skin, breath sharpening while my thoughts became loud behind the monotone drips of the shower. My hands travelled to the space below my waist and fingertips traces the red and purple swollen marks that had appeared earlier today, the skin aching at the touch causing me to suck in a sharp breath.

After continuous thoughts I think the most likely cause is the lack of 'consummation' between Adam and I. Even when we used to hook up we never had sex. I always thought it was because sex was a kind of mating ritual reserved for soulmates and that we were saving it for them but knowing that Adam knew we were mates confused me. Why hadn't we had sex yet? Of course the idea of having sex made me nervous like everything you do for the first time does but why not? We would have to at some point and although we had not had sex yet, Adam and I had done some things that could be considered 'dirtier' or more taboo than having vanilla sex on a bed.

The idea of Adam's rough hands exploring my body, his kisses on my thighs and his cock slipping into my pussy made me wet and brought butterflies to my stomach. I brushed my hands over my breasts and felt my hard nipples as my hands brushed over them. My eyes close and I fall deeper into the fantasy.

Rudely and suddenly I'm pulled out of the euphoric trance by a fat bone-headed idiot who yells in his squeaky woman voice while knocking on my bathroom door "Reine hurry up mom wants to talk to you."
"Go away ass-face," I yell. "I'm busy."
"Don't shoot the messenger."
I grab my shampoo bottle of of the shower shelf, lean out the shower and hurl the bottle at the door making a loud thud noise.
"Shit." A high pitched yelp comes from the other side of the door and I smirk. After I hear his footsteps becoming more faint, I sigh and turn the shower from lukewarm to freezing cold and shudder under the artic temperatures, bringing me back to reality.

I step out the shower, wrapping myself in my fluffy, dry towel and look at myself in my bathroom mirror. I was never exceptionally skinny, but I was looking more skinny than usual. My cheekbones appeared more hollow and my stomach and waist felt strained like my body was eating itself from the inside and my skin was tightening. Gruesome I know but it's the most accurate description of how I felt.

I stepped out of my bathroom and sauntered over to my drawers, picking out the sexiest lingerie set I owned. Matching sheer bra and black lacy thong were accompanied by black stockings lined with lace and suspenders. I slipped into the underwear and headed into my wardrobe to pick out a Burgundy layered midi dress with a sheer layer of Burgundy over a silk black dress.

I sat down at my vanity and stared at my paled complexion. I'd always thought tanned girls were beautiful and always felt insecure without one but staring at my white skin contrasting against the Burgundy dress and my dark brown hair, seeing the blue in my eyes shine I felt pretty and was determined to feel beautiful after applying my makeup. I blowdried and diffused my curly hair after adding leave in conditioner, leaving it looking wild as I liked it that way. I fetched a pair of black jewelled earrings from my jewellery box that I'd 'borrowed' from my mother and applied light natural makeup with dark long lashes and a Burgundy lip to match my dress. I fetched black closed toe heels and a leather bomber jacket from my wardrobe and stood in front of my full length mirror admiring myself, for the first time since I arrived home, I felt beautiful. I felt like a woman.