wrong place wrong time <3

(casey is a detective for rosewood pd in this one and him and spence live together in rosewood. this one is hella long idk why lmao)
***
spencer hastings x casey marin (gxb)

spencer's pov:

i had been getting caught up on some work when my phone rang. the screen lit up with hanna's name.

"hey hanna"

she let out a sigh,"spence where are you?" her voice was shaky.

"um im at home working. what's going on? are you okay?" i started to panic.

"yeah, yeah i'm ok. spence it's, it's uh-"

i was getting impatient,"spit it out hanna!"

"it's casey," my heart dropped,"we're at the hospital. i'll explain the rest when you get here."

i was frozen for a moment. so many scenarios went through my head. once i came back to my senses i answered her,"i'm on my way."

on the way to the hospital i let a few tears slip. my mind kept thinking of the worst outcome.

once i got there i practically ran up to the front desk,"um, what room is casey marin in?"

"are you family?"

"girlfriend."

she gave me a small smile,"room 214."

"thank you."

i got to the second floor and saw hanna in sitting in a chair outside of what i assumed was casey's room.

we made eye contact and she stood up. i could tell she had even crying. i made my way over to her and brought her into a hug.

i felt her breakdown again in my arms and i couldn't help but let a few more tears slip.

we pulled away and i looked at her,"hanna, what happened?"

she ran a hand through her hair and took a deep breath,"no major injuries, cuts, bruises, two bruised ribs. oh and he did say his left shoulder was bothering him. when he tells you it looks worse than it is he's telling the truth."

i sighed,"ok ok, i guess that's good but what happened?"

"um, he said he was leaving the station and um he noticed a car that had been sitting there all day and following him when he went out. so casey being casey, he went to check it out."

casey was always observant. sometimes it was a good thing, sometimes it wasn't.

"when he got to the car he noticed the trunk was open and he went to look at it. as soon as he pushed the trunk open all the way, he got pushed in."

i wrapped my arms around myself and closed my eyes as she continued.

"he said the next thing he remembers is being in a room, hands tied behind his back, getting tossed around like a rag doll. he didn't exactly use the words rag doll but that's what it seemed like. he didn't tell me anymore. he just kept asking for you," i looked up when she said this,"he'll probably tell you more. go ahead in, he's waiting for you. i'm gonna call emily, ali, and aria and fill them in."

with that i turned to the door. i opened it to find him laying in his bed with his eyes closed.

i closed the door and he slowly opened his eyes. he gave me a small smile as i made my way over to the chair next to his bed.

he opened his hand for me to hold. i sighed at his state,"casey-"

i scanned his body. there were definitely cuts and bruises. one cut stood out to me, on his right cheek. he had tape on his left shoulder, probably for the pain hanna told me about. his wrists had dark bruises on them most likely from rope tying them together. it hurt seeing him like this.

"it's ok spence. i'm ok. i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time," he paused before continuing,"but it was definitely right timing for someone."

i looked up at him confused,"what do you mean?"

"spence. i'm pretty sure it was A."

my eyes went wide,"what? did you see who it was? where did they take you? what did they say?"

"don't get too excited. their face was covered and they used some sort of voice changer. so i have no idea who it could've been. and i don't know where i was."

the whole thing was confusing to me,"but case, what did they want?"

"im a weakness for you guys, for you, hanna, emily, ali, aria."

i sighed and shook my head,"i'm not following."

he chuckled before continuing,"i'm hanna's brother, your boyfriend, and emily, ali, and aria have been like family. also, i was the first person outside of your group that you all trusted enough to tell. if A got to me it would throw you guys off. A needed to give you guys some sort of distraction, i guess you guys were getting too close or something."

i ran my free hand through my hair,"i hate to admit it, but A was smart for that. i mean hanna's definitely a mess and once the other three find out they'll probably be the same way. and i'm, i-"

i started to get choked up again and he could tell,"spence it's ok, i know.

i wiped my tears before changing the subject,"um, when did they say you could come home?"

"tomorrow morning. they just wanna watch me overnight."

i nodded before leaning up to kiss his forehead. when i pulled away he was already looking into my eyes. they were soft and loving.

he cupped my face with his hand and connected our lips in a soft kiss.

~time skip to the next day; still spencer's pov~

casey came home this morning and he was all settled. i made sure he didn't have to move much. he might hate me for being so "mom" on him but i could care less. and there's no way casey could hate me. he's a softie.

the girls stopped by today. they wanted to make sure he was okay and ask about what happened.

once they left i finished cleaning up the apartment before heading back into our room.

to my surprise he was reading a book,"oh my god," he looked up at me,"there is no way my boyfriend, highschool jock, casey marin is reading a book right now."

he closed the book and put it on his nightstand,"haha very funny. you know you're not the only smart one in this town. do you remember who passed junior year english with all A's?"

i smiled as i sat down on the edge of the bed next to him,"yeah well who was the one helping you study and editing your essays?" he sighed and looked down,"oh yeah, that was me."

he looked back up with a smile that made me melt. i leaned over until our faces were inches apart,"i love you casey."

"i love you too spence. thank you for taking care of me," i smiled before connecting our lips.

i knew he couldn't hate me.

***
not this being almost 1200 words lmao