addiction <3

(during spencer's addict era)
***
spencer hastings x casey reader (gn)

spencer's pov:

as soon as i got home i went to the kitchen and got a bottle of water. i then went to the pantry and found an old cereal box where i kept my pills.

i brought it back to the counter and dug my hand in looking for the bottle.

nothing.

i couldn't find it.

i made sure it was the right box.

it was.

i started panicking,"no, no, no. come on please."

i dumped the contents of the box onto the counter, getting cereal everywhere.

no sign of the bottle.

"fuck!"

"you looking for this."

i look up to see casey leaning against the wall, holding up the bottle. i was too busy looking for it, i didn't even notice they were here.

"um, how did you? where?" i ran a hand through my hair in attempts to look more presentable, like that was gonna help this situation.

they pushed themselves off the wall and stood on the opposite side of the counter,"you need help spence."

i swallowed, trying to look anywhere but their eyes. because i knew if i did i would breakdown,"i know casey. just please, let me finish that bottle."

"sure."

i finally looked up at them. their expression was blank. i was trying to find some sort of emotion,"really?"

they shrugged,"sure spence. you can take these,"they put the bottle on the counter,"but if you do in walking out that door."

that's what i was scared of,"no, no casey please."

"spencer it hurts seeing you like this. i don't know what else to do that will help you. you just keep going back."

tears started to fall from my eyes,"casey don't do this. i need you," they clench their jaw and looked down,"please. don't leave."

they sighed and looked at me again,"i've tried everything spencer. this is it. i can't keep watching you hurt yourself. you're not making any effort to get better. i just- i cant see you like this anymore. again, you can take these but if you do i'm not gonna stand hear and watch you drive yourself to the edge."

"casey..." i said just above a whisper.

i looked between them and the bottle, trying to find the words to make them stay.

but my lack of words told them what they needed to hear.

they nodded and started walking away.

"casey please don't leave me. i love you."

they turned to look at me,"i love you too spencer, so much," they choked on the last part,"that's why i can't keep seeing you like this."

with that they turned back around and walked away. as soon as i heard the door close i broke down.

***
this one was hard to write lol