Chapter 3: Excursion

Naoto was sitting at his stool in front of everyone. "Now that the Hallway is seemingly clear of Zombies, it should be safe for us to explore." He noted.

While he didn't like the idea of going out an risking an attack, he knew they couldn't stay here for much longer without food or resources.

Gamo chimed in. "If we're going to explore, shouldn't we look around the room for anything useful? We might even find something we can use as a weapon."

Naoto, Riku and Haru nodded in unison. "I don't think there's really much here that we can make use of, but it won't hurt to try." Naoto responded.

The group stood up as they began to scout the room for any kind of useful resource. With the size of the room, they couldn't really have high hopes of finding something, but having something was better than being empty handed.

As everyone rummaged around trough the room, Naoto entered the Supply Room at the back, before closing it.

"F-Finally some silence." He muttered as he rumbled trough the lockers and tables by himself. He didn't really even know what they were looking for. Weapons? Food? He honestly had no idea. But whatever they were looking for, it wasn't here.

"G-G-God..." Naoto had been looking for anything useful in the room for a few minutes, but was still not finding anything. It was starting to frustrate him, as a lack of supplies meant they'd have to explore the school unarmed for now.

"God...God..." He felt a mix of emotions rush trough his body. Fear? Anger? Confusion? The most logical answer was that it was a combination of all of it.

"God...fucking dammit!"

He yelled at the top of his lungs, lunging his fist at the locker repeatedly. He knew this would do him no good. In fact, with how frail he was, he might even injure himself. But he didn't care. There were too many pent up emotions at this very moment inside of him. Too many for him to care.

The slams against the locker could be heard from outside the room, which Nagatoro was the first to pick up. What was going on in there? Was Senpai being attacked? Panicked, she rushed into the room, slamming the door open. "Senpai!" She shouted right before she saw him angrily continue to slam his fist against the wall.

His knuckle was already red from the repeated impact against the steel surface, and she could tell that it wouldn't take many more hits before bleeding might become a risk.

"Senpai..." She tried to speak to him, but he didn't pick up on a single thing she said, simply continuing to let his anger out against the locker. Nagatoro tried again, raising her voice considerably this time.

"Senpai!" He still didn't respond, continuing his outburst as his hand got more and more red with every punch.

"SENPAI!!" Nagatoro shouted at the top of her lungs, finally getting Naoto's attention as he turned towards her, before fully stopping his punches. He held his knuckle in pain with his other hand, groaning at the pain. "W-What, Nagatoro?" He asked her nonchalantly.

Nagatoro could tell that he was in a complicated state as she slowly approached him. "What are you doing? You're just going to hurt yourself." Naoto looked down at his fist.

"I know. I know, but I just... I couldn't hold it in. I'm sorry. I'm aware I look like a loser right now." He stated. "It's just that there's simply nothing here of use. It's frustrating. There's not really anything we can use to defend ourselves with, let alone food." He remarked, sitting on the floor and leaning on the locker.

Nagatoro sat down next to him. "Don't worry. I'm sure the others will find something. Don't beat yourself up about it." She tried to comfort him, to which Naoto looked at her confused.