Difficulties

...

"The choice is yours."
AFO said, not giving Midoriya any mercy in the given situation.

Midoriya looked at his father desperately, he didn't want to grant the wish.
But he also didn't want to go through the pain he had just been in.

A lump formed in his throat as he struggled to come up with a decision. He looked at the innocent people who only stared at him with complete acceptance.
It was obvious they didn't blame him for the outcome that was to occur, they knew they were set to die the moment they were kidnapped by the #1 villain.

The lady who lost her teeth nodded her head, "it's okay...
Do it"
She mouthed to Midoriya, tears streaming down her face.

The other 2 who were tied up also nodded their heads and awaited their fates.

But despite that, Midoriya still couldn't come up with a decision.

"Izuku if you don't grant this wish, a different wish worse than this will be asked of you"

"...huh!"

"I said what I said."

Midoriya's shoulders drooped to the ground, he glanced at the victims one last time before regretfully granting the wish.
Tears flooded down his face as the victims immediately died, he felt a sense of pure dread fall upon his shoulders as he looked down at his blood stained hands.
The crystals were as black as tar.

"Good job.
You did what I asked of you.
Because of this, you'll get the promised notebooks.

However.
Because you hesitated for too long, you're only getting 1."
AFO said, patting Midoriya's head.

"...what!
That's not fair...! I... I granted the wish... I killed them...
I should get the promised 3..!"

"You'll get them when you drop your hesitation."

Midoriya was dropped off to his room.

Midoriya fell to his knees, tears streamed down like his eyes were an open tap.
The guilt of having killed and hurt the 3 innocent people was tearing him up inside.
It also didn't help his quirk was making the pain even worse.

"Are you okay...!"
Bakugo asked as he ran to his side.
"What happened down there...??"
He asked, fearful. While it wasn't the first time he had seen his brother cry, it was the first time he had ever seen him cry to the extent he was crying.

"He...
He...
He..."
Midoriya choked on his words as he struggled to properly breathe.

Bakugo embraced him in a hug, knowing he couldn't really speak.
Midoriya sobbed even harder as he sat there in his older brother's arms.

Bakugo grimaced as he stared at the ground, "...why does he do this to us... What did we do to deserve this..."

Tears pricked his own eyes as he cried alongside Midoriya, the stress of their helpless situation had caved in on him.
It was difficult to stay composed, especially as a 4 year old.

"He...! He...- he..."
Midoriya choked on his words again as more pained sobs hiccuped out.

"It's okay...
I know..."
Bakugo replied as he sat there helplessly by Midoriya's side.

"L-look...!"
Midoriya said, breaking off the hug as he showed the crystals to Bakugo.

"...they're pitch black...
What did he do to you....?!"
Bakugo said, enraged as he held Midoriya's hands. He avoided making contact with the crystals as Midoriya continued to sob before him.